Status: Complete

Accidentally In Love

CHAPTER ONE

I was nervous. The Penguins were playing in the Stanley Cup finals once again and that's nerve racking all in itself, but what I was really nervous about was getting to see him. I haven't seen him since the last time I came to Pittsburgh which was a couple of months ago. I wasn't able to make it for playoffs because I was working and finishing up my freshman year of college.

"Mandy! Are you ready to go?" Sidney's sister, Taylor called from downstairs. "Our parents are waiting."

I looked in the mirror one last time and adjusted my jersey before grabbing my pass and phone. I quickly made my way down the stairs in a slight daze, still thinking about seeing him. Taylor was patiently waiting for me by the door, with a smile she opened the door and made her way out to the car. I still couldn't believe how much she looked like Sidney, even after seeing them together for almost four years.

"Why do you look so nervous?" Taylor asked as we climbed into the back of my sister's SUV.

It still shocked me how well Taylor and I knew each other. We became such great friends during our siblings' marriage and got along well which everyone was thankful for. We got along so well that we are actually going to be roommates next semester when I go to Robert Morris University with her.

"Because, it's the Stanley Cup finals. I always get nervous about that." I told her. It wasn't a lie, but it wasn't really why I was so nervous, that was just part of it.

"Yeah, I know what you mean, but since Sid has done it a few times you get use to it." She smiled. She was so proud of her big brother. Heck, I was too. "That's not all of it though. I know you Mandy, its something else or should I say someone else?" She cocked an eye brow at me.

I sighed and looked around the car making sure our parents weren't listening to us. They weren't, our dads were talking up front and our moms were in their own little world talking about God knows what. I pulled my phone out just to be safe and opened a new text message.

To: Tay. C

Jordan. I'm nervous because I'm going to see Jordan

I closed my eyes and laid my head back on the seat and instantly Jordan filled my mind. His smile, his eyes, the dimple in his chin, the way he rubbed the back of his neck when he was nervous. I sighed I was pathetic.

Not pathetic I heard Taylor say, for we've had this conversation a lot over the past few years. You're not pathetic or crazy or any of those other things you're feeling. You're in love. I felt the same with Sidney. This is where she would sigh, but smile at me at the same time. As much as I tried to stop it, tried to stop you, I can tell that you two really do care for each other.

Then she would tell me to wait until I was older. Well I'm twenty years old now, I think I'm plenty old enough to make the decision of who I date and who I don't. Plus, I can't really take her advice to heart because she was younger than I was when she and Sidney started dating. She was still younger than me when she married him and got pregnant.

My phone chimed, bringing me back to reality. A smile formed on my face when I saw his name. The butterflies that erupted were quickly filling my belly. I bit my lip as I opened the text

From: Jordan

Can't wait to see you =)

Those five simple words caused the butterflies to flutter and my nerves to double. I was going to see him tonight.

To: Jordan

Can't wait either! Good luck out there, I'll be cheering for you!

Just as I sent the text to Jordan, my phone chimed again.

From: Tay C.

Jordan just txtd you didn't he? Cuz you're cheezin like mad right now ;)

I looked up from my phone and met her amber eyes and she just smiled. I subtly flipped her off causing us both to laugh. Before I could get another text, I set my phone to silent so I wouldn't drive the others crazy. Just then my phone went off again.

From: Jordan

That's what I like to hear!

I smiled and shook my head, reading the text that Taylor had just sent me.

"Tickets are at will call under Crosby." I told no one in particular as I responded to her.

"Not Mario?" Troy asked from the driver's seat.

I shrugged. "Guess not, I guess Sid left them for us."

The rest of the ride to the Consol Energy Center was quiet. When we finally arrived and got our tickets my nerves turned into anticipation and excitement. Our parents went right to our seats, but Taylor and I decided to go watch the warm-ups.

Right as we got to the glass, Sidney skated by and gave us a smile and a wink when he spotted us. The girls next to Taylor and I started squealing.

"Ohmygosh." The one gushed, grabbing her friend's arm. "Did you see that. Sidney smiled and winked at me."

Taylor and I stifled our laughs with coughs and waved back to Sidney. Soon the rest of the team started noticing us and giving us smiles and waves as they skated by as well. I was pretty sure the other girl was going to have a heart attack when Max body slammed the board next to us and started waving like an idiot.

Then I felt him, I knew he was there before I even saw him. Sure enough I looked to my right and saw a very familiar blond hair, blue eyed, giant standing there, smiling at me.

"Hey." He mouthed.

I felt my cheeks get warm from the blush that over took them. "Hi." I smiled. Just then the horn sounded, signaling the end of warm ups. With a final wink, Jordan skated off the ice and Taylor and I made our way to our seats. As we walked up the steps, I focused on breathing evenly. It was going to be a long night.
♠ ♠ ♠
Edited