Status: Complete

Accidentally In Love

CHAPTER TWENTY-ONE

Ten Years Later

“Mom! Jesse bit me!” Jordan and my oldest, Avery yelled from the living room.

“A, he’s only two he doesn’t know better.” I sighed, walking into the room.

“Aunt Mandy, Tyler won’t stop crying.” Parker said coming in from outside with our youngest son in his arms. “Uncle Jordan tried everything, but he just won’t stop.”

I took the crying baby from the Parker. “Thanks Park. So how excited are you to start your first playoff run in the NHL?” I asked my nephew.

“I’m so excited and a bit nervous, but I’m excited. Dad is too.”

“Everyone is proud of you. You’ll do great and know that your uncle and I will be cheering for you here in the ‘burgh.”

The sound of the sliding glass door opening and closing caught my attention. I looked up to see my brother in law Sidney walking in with his and Taylor’s youngest daughter Kiley on his hip. Sidney had retired from playing hockey five years ago after suffering another concussion. He was devastated to call it quits, but he didn’t leave the profession of hockey in the least bit. When he wasn’t traveling as a scout for the Penguins, he was couching Troy’s peewee team and assisting with the Penguins when he had time and they needed him. Jordan on the other hand was still playing, but thinking about retiring now that we had our fourth child on the way.

“Mandy, Jordan wants to know if you want him to start up the grill.” Sidney said, setting Kiley on the floor next to Jesse.

“Yes please, tell him his baby is hungry.” I laughed, patting my stomach causing Sidney and Parker to laugh.

“When can I open presents?” Avery asked from her seat next to me.

“After we eat, Avery.” I sighed. She was getting to that age where she wanted to do everything when she wanted it done.

She huffed and went back outside to hang out with her cousins. It was Avery’s tenth birthday and Jordan and I were hosting a birthday party for her. It was the second one it two weeks since last week we had one for her and her friends. Today’s though, was just for family and boy did we have full house. There was Jordan and I with our three kids, Avery, Jesse, and Tyler. Then there was my sister and Sidney with their three kids, Stephanie, Troy, and Kiley. Marc and Lindsay were here with their two, Melody and Trevor. Eric and Tanya had their three Parker, Kelsey, and baby Levi. Jared and Megs had their twins Sydney and Rachel. Then there were Jordan’s parents and mine. The only people who weren’t able to make it were Taylor and Austin and their son Kyle. I was thankful that after Avery turned one, we bought this house big enough for our family and visitors.

The sound of a crash and sudden crying caught my attention and I looked to my left to see Kiley crying and Jesse sitting there like nothing happened, but the toy sitting next to my crying niece said otherwise. I handed Tyler over to Parker and attended to Kiley.

“What’s wrong sweetie?” I asked, picking her up. She pointed to her head and then at Jesse. “Did Jesse hurt you?” I asked and she nodded her head and cried harder. I looked down at my son and sighed, he was becoming a handful. “Parker, can you watch the two of them while I take Kiley out to Taylor?”

“Sure thing.” He smiled.

As soon as I stepped outside, Taylor was out of her seat and at my side. I told her what happened and handed of the still sniffling toddler. Jordan came up behind me and wrapped his arms around me, resting his hands on my rapidly growing stomach.

“Your son is causing problems. Can you talk to him?” I pleaded, ready for this day to be over.

Jordan chuckled behind me. “He’s two, he’s not going to understand a word I’m saying.”

“Then can you just keep an eye on him. He’s been misbehaving all day.”

“Yeah!” Avery said, coming up to us. “He bit me” she exclaimed, holding out her arm where there were indeed bite marks.

“Avery, you didn’t tell me he bit you that hard.” I said, reaching for my daughter’s arm.

She rolled her eyes at me. “I told you he bit me, but you just told me that he was two and didn’t know any better.”

I sighed and pulled her into me, kissing her head. “I’m sorry, sweetie. I’ve just been so tired and everything.”

She hugged me. “It’s okay, mom. I know the two of them can be handfuls.” She smiled.

Jordan chuckled. “You aren’t so easy there you know, little girl.”

She looked at her father and stuck her tongue out before joining Stephanie, Kelsey, and Melody in a game of volleyball. I sighed and looked at our huge family spread out all over our backyard. This is the environment I wanted to raise my kids in. A place where there were tons of people to love them and care for them and the Staal children had that. Even the Crosby children were treated like family by Jordan’s side as well. We were all one big happy family and we were getting bigger. I placed a hand on Jordan’s hand that was rubbing small circles on my stomach.

“What do you think it is?” He asked, kissing my neck.

“A girl.” I smiled. I wanted another girl. Don’t get me wrong, I love my boys, but there was just too much testosterone in the house. Avery and I needed another girl in the house. ‘This one feels different than it did with the boys. I feel like I did with Avery.”

‘Minus the throwing up all the time.” Jordan chuckled. “Well whatever it is, I can’t wait for them to be here.”

My stomach growled and I chuckled. ‘What they want is food.” I chuckled and turned in his arms. “Why aren’t you over there cooking?’ I asked, pointing to the grill where Henry and Eric were standing.

“I can’t come over and greet my lovely wife when she comes outside?” He asked.

I shook my head. “Nope, flattery will get you nowhere today. Your kids are stressing me out, I’m hungry, and if Avery gives me that look one more time I’m throwing her in the pool.” I said, raising my voice so she could hear me.

Jordan chuckled and kissed me. “Relax, she’s just a little upset about the baby. She did this with Jesse and Tyler as well. It doesn’t help that your sister and mom are gossiping about you right now.”

I sighed. “I know, I hate when she gets upset like this. Maybe tomorrow we can take her out for the day. Like we did before the boys were born.”

He nodded. “That’s a great idea.”

“You know what’s an even better one?” I whispered, pulling Jordan down to my level. “You cooking food.” I kissed his cheek with a laugh and went back inside.

Jordan’s POV
Jordan watched with a smile on his face as Mandy went back inside to get the boys. He joined his father and brother at the grill and began to cook for the army that was settling in their back yard. As the burgers were cooking, Jordan took a sip of his beer and glanced around the yard. There were kids everywhere, his nieces and nephews playing at every corner of the yard. His mom was sitting with Mandy and Taylor’s mom by the pool probably talking about all their grandbabies. His brothers were scattered about playing with the kids or talking in small groups.
A shriek cut through the sound of the party and all the adults looked towards the source of the sound. Jordan chuckled when he saw Sidney had picked Avery up and was carrying her in the direction of the pool.

“Uncle Sidney! Put me down!” She screamed.

Mandy came rushing outside at the sound of our daughter’s screams and laughed when she saw what was happening. Jordan watched as she pulled her camera out of her pocket and captured Avery being thrown in the pool by her uncle. She hit the water with a loud scream and everyone chuckled as she resurfaced, sputtering.

“What was that for?” She demanded, pulling herself out of the water.

“It’s your birthday, you have to get tortured on your birthday.” He smiled handing her a towel.

She took the towel from her uncle and then a very familiar smirk crossed her face. All the Staal boys look at each other from their spots in the yard and watched the events unravel. Taylor and Mandy looked at the Staal boys with their own smirks on their faces. They’ve been on the receiving end of the smirk Avery was sporting. Everyone stopped what they were doing as Avery shoved Sidney into the pool. All the kids laughed as their dad/uncle resurfaced.

“Staalsy!” Sidney laughed.

Jordan held up his hands in protest. “Nice job, sweetie” He directed to his daughter. Just then all the kids decided they wanted to go swimming, so they all began stripping down to their bathing suites in the yard and making their way to the pool with yells and laughs.

“Daddy!” Jesse yelled, coming over to Jordan.

“What’s up, big guy?” He asked, picking his son up
.
“Swim.” He said, pointing to the pool where his sister and cousins were playing.

Jordan smiled at his mini clone. “I have to cook, mommy said so.”

Jesse’s eyes filled with tears as he watched his family play in the pool. He looked back at Jordan and his lip began to quiver. When it came to keeping his kids happy, Jordan was a softy. He caved at the slightest frown.

Henry chuckled from next to him. “Jord, go. I can handle the grill. Go play with your son and brothers.”

“Thanks dad.”

Jordan helped his son take his shirt off and slip on his swimmies before taking off his shirt and joining everyone in the pool. Just then, Melody, Stephanie, and Avery thought it would be a great idea to all jump on Jordan. Jordan laughed as he fought off his nieces and daughter and laughed even harder when Troy came to the girls’ defense. Soon Eric, Marc, Jordan, and Jared declared a game of chicken, but it was shot down by all of the moms sitting around the pool.

“You’re no fun.” Jordan pouted to Mandy who had sat at the edge of the pool with Tyler in her arms.

“It’s bad enough we let them watch hockey with all the fighting. We don’t need you four encouraging it at home.” Mandy said, getting nods from all the other moms.

“Food’s done!” Henry yelled and all the kids and adults got out of the pool.

Normal POV

Everything finally had quieted down. Jordan and the rest of the guys were getting the bonfire ready outback while the rest of the moms and I got the kids in their pajamas and to bed for the younger ones.

“Avery, can you please take the things for the s’mores out to your father?”I asked her as I took Tyler and Jesse to bed.

“Sure thing mom.”

Fifteen minutes later, we got everyone in their pajamas and in bed and were joining our families outside. I sat on Jordan’s lap and just watched as the older kids made smores with each other. Parker was talking to Sidney about the playoffs and Eric was giving his son tips about managing the stress of a seven game series. Taylor and my mom were talking about a summer vacation as a family was in order and Linda was talking to Henry about the same thing. Lindsay and Marc were talking quietly to each other as were Megs and Jared. Tanya leaned over to me.

“You did a wonderful job today.” She smiled. “It’s not easy dealing with this family while pregnant, but you handled it like a champ.”

I laughed. “Thanks, I don’t feel like one. I’m freaking exhausted.” I said, curling further into Jordan.

“Mom, how long have you and dad been married?” Avery asked, as she blew out her burning marshmallow.

“Almost ten years, why?” I asked.

She shrugged. “Because you guys seem like you just got married. You barely fight and you’re always kissing or touching each other.”

I blushed and looked at my daughter. “Well your dad and I love each other. We have for a very long time. This is what happens when you find the one you belong with.”

“Like a happily ever after?” Melody asked.

I smiled and nodded. “Just like that.”

“See what happens when you accidently fall in love” I heard Eric whisper to Marc. I shot them a glare which they returned by sticking their tongues out at me.

They were right though. Jordan and I had an accidental relationship. We were two friends who ended up falling for the other and here we are, ten years later, married with three happy and healthy children and a fourth on the way. Two families that loved us and we were close with. It was everything I ever wanted, but never thought I would have. It was my own personal fairytale. I smiled to myself and kissed Jordan’s neck and he just held me tighter. I knew he was thinking the same thing.

Falling accidently in love was the best thing that ever happened to us.
♠ ♠ ♠
Done!

I want to thank all of you for reading this and all the support you gave this story and its series. I truly appreciate everything. You are all amazinf and you rock.

For old times sake, comment and tell me what you thought about it!

No worries though, I still have God Bless and Frienship that I am working on and I have a few new story ideas floating around. I think this time though they're going to be about the Blackhawks. We'll see though. So keep a look out for those =)