Ebsylyn-Jane Hart

Party Time

Party time.
“Okay.” I put the phone down and sprinted to the shower grabbed my new red party dress shoved my damp hair up and applied make up.
I grabbed my overnight bag. A tub guacamole and Doritos were also thrown in. And last second some cash and lemonade. Then I heard the beep I locked the door and climbed in Noah’s car.
Noah and Canny lived in a student accommodated town house, Canny met me as I walked through the front door, opposite the front door was a room belonging to another student, then on the right an arched walk way lead to three adjacent doors. “the two outer doors lead to the other bedrooms the middle is the bathroom all bed room doors will be locked down stairs.”
I then followed her through the left archway to a large open plan kitchen and lounge the lounge contained three cheep blue sofas with red walls it was strange as it all went well . she then escorted me up a flight of stairs that met a veranda overlooking the lounge, there was two doors one plain the other very fancy with frosted glass and blue curtains on the other side. She pulled me past this fancy door and in to what by the size of the house was a room with an ample space, there was a bed, desk and a small closet. Canny grabbed my bag and put it under her bed on top of the sleeping bag and said “do you want to see something amazing!” she dragged me to the closet and she pushed a long coat and an old band uniform to the right and moved a small box of stuffed animals to the middle of the bedroom floor, on the left of the closet was another door with a padlock, she swiftly turned the dials and clunk it fell to the floor Canny moved it with her foot and opened the door to a secret balcony room, waist height stone walls, large glass roof and large glass windows .
The room contained a piano and an electric and acoustic guitar. “Wow!” was all I could utter. She giggled “its sound proof, Noah doesn’t know so shhh!” we skipped down stairs put the food out and within minutes I heard two doors lock and two pairs of trainers squeaking across the floor, one towards us the other the toilet.
Rachel appeared out of nowhere and took two bowls of punch out of the fridge.
The toilet flushed and the sink went as Ben came through the arch, “Canny. Have you got ...” Ben was cut off by Canny.
“keys under the sink yours has a green rubber cover.” She smiled as Noah came down the stairs and pressed play to a CD.
“Party time” Noah pointed at the door as the bell went, from then guests came in streams some I knew and others I did not know.
When the party was in full swing Noah and Rachel went in the garden.
I couldn’t find the others I felt sick how?... I had only drunk the alcohol free punch? I walked up stairs to go and rest in Canny’s room when a guy grabbed me from behind and dragged me in to it. This made my hazy brain snap in to focus. I had to get a way, but he towered over me and tried fruitlessly a couple of times to have his way. I screamed no one heard, so I screamed and screamed. Then I remember the door banging open then the guy being flung out of the room and Rachel hugging me and saying “it’s all right”
“How...” I sobbed as she rocked me back and forth.
“The window was open we heard your screams.” She soothed hugging me closer like a mum with a child who has had a fright, patronising but that's what I was a, child and I’d had the biggest fright of my entire life.
The music stopped and people were leaving very prematurely. Rachel hugged me until Canny came up stairs. “I'm so sorry it turns out the punch was spiked. I'm sorry; I should have stuck with you.” She started tearing up.

“It’s fine.” I replied “I'm fine. Just a little shocked.” Drying my water filled eyes.
Rachel, Canny, Ben and I helped Noah tidy up and then we watched a movie.
I sparked out half way through from emotional exhaustion I had no emotion to spare for the characters.

Saturday.
I woke Saturday upon the largest sofa to the sound of a snoring Canny on the other sofa. I heard a whimpering of a sorts, but ignored it I grabbed my stuff and wrote a small note which I stuck to Canny’s forehead.
Am fine, gone home.
Don’t blame yourself. See you on Monday.
Chat tonight and tell the rest thanks :)