Ebsylyn-Jane Hart

Running

I went home, had breakfast. Mum and dad were already out.
So I grabbed my running shoes and got changed and plugged the headphones in my mp3 player. Then I went for a long run to clear my mind.
On my way back I decided to go through the woods, but I stayed along the river bank as I didn’t want to get lost, it had been raining through the night and the ground was soft and crumbly I watched out for burrows and holes but one must have deceived my vision as my foot got caught and sent me flying head first into the icy depths. My body fought till I reached the surface but after only hearing a muffled bark and myself shouting “...elp...” I was dragged back under by the current I decided to give in I was exhausted and just wanted to go... I blacked out as something grabbed me and dragged me up. I shuddered as Something fluffy slid past my leg.
I woke in a bright sterile smelling room. Was I dead? Surely heaven wouldn’t smell of Dettol. I gasped as I felt something down my dry throat. I started to panic flashes of the incident from Friday night passed by in my brain. I was then vaguely aware some guy sitting in the room and he wasn’t one of my brothers. I started to panic!
“Calm down stop panicking.” He said to me “nurse!” he shouted out the door.
I mumbled hoarsely around the tube “ who are you?”
“oh?” he blushed “I'm Jrowme, I saved your life. Well Al did actually. Al’s my Alsatian, he heard the splash.” He informed.
“hello, now wait a minute , you’re a bit of a mystery so when the tubes out I would like to know your name, address and phone number. Okay poppet speak” she said dragging the tube out.
“Ebsylyn-Jane Hart” I squeaked “23 fairy glen drive” I gulped a mouthful of fresh water from the glass Jrowme poured. “ I think it’s 556-78474884 I have only lived here about a month. How long have I been out?” I sobbed the last bit.
“Three days and six hours. I’ve been counting.” Jrowme was fast to the point.
“my mum hasn’t seen me for 4 days she be out of her mind with guilt blaming dad for persuading us to move here.” I sobbed again.
“what school honey, I’ll need to phone them?” said the nurse
“Hamden High” I cried
“well Ebsylyn, I’ll be back you’re lucky Jrowme found you.” She smiled
“yeah you could have carried on drowning with that much water in your lungs. You’re lucky I'm a junior first aider.” He smiled an irresistible smile then left saying “see you soon.”.