Sequel: Grenade

Do You Know Your Enemy, Darling?

Can't Forget This Feeling

-----{Skylar's POV}-----

As she pulled away, I stopped. I was a mix of emotions. All running through my head. I tried to figure out what feelings were entering my body as we spoke. My body shook with a chill up my spine. But one of those chills as if you just loved something. I realized the emotion I was feeling most was love. I had liked that kiss. I liked it so much, I wanted more.

I pulled her to me once more and kissed her full on the lips. So much passion had been in it, I wondered why we hadn't done this before. My arms fit perfectly around her smaller frame. Hers wrapped around mine. One of my hands found her hair and started to tuck it behind her ear as we stood here in a lip-lock.

I pulled back this time, staring at her. She being not much shorter than me. We both broke out in goofy grins. "You have no idea how long I waited for that." She said.

"I didn't realize it until now but.. I think I wanted it, too."

As we headed back to the hospital, I couldn't help but think. I loved that kiss Zoey and I shared. It was magical, to me at least. But Jackson's and mine had been as magical. At least the feelings I remembered. I couldn't have both, I wasn't sure if I wanted both. I wanted to figure this out before anything further happened. I knew she liked Tom as well, but back there was something more.

I realized we were holding hands as we walked up the stairs to the floor the boys were on. I saw Dillon standing at the very end of the hallway.

"You two look happy." She snorted.

Zoey and I shared a look and blushed. "Nothing. Now, why won't he take his meds?" I asked.

She shrugged. "He keeps whining about a Joyce. Then he changes his mind and says she wants him to call her Skylar. I figured that was you."

I nodded and walked into the room, letting go of Zoey's hand and walked over to Jackson.

"Joyce! See, that's Joyce! She's my girlfriend!" He grinned happily. "Wait.. it's Skylar now. Did you have to go to court to change it?" He asked. "I like Skylar better. Suits you."

As he went off into a long talk about how much he seemed to love me, erm. Or this Joyce girl, the doctor called me to the side.

"Is there anyway you have something of his? Something he loves? Other than this Joyce. Maybe we can tigger his memory." He suggested.

I shrugged. "I don't have--" I stopped and looked at him. I nodded and walked back over to him. "Jacky?" I smiled.

He grinned up at me. "Baby! Look, this is my baby!" He pointed towards me.

I leaned over the bed, my face inches from his. I kissed him softly on the lips as he had the one time. I made it harder, making sure to lick his lips. I rubbed his chest which I had done that day. Feeling all the new cuts and scars made me want to feel his chest all day.

I lifted my head to look at him. All he could say was, "whoa.."

I smiled gently. He looked around. "Wh-where am I?" He asked. He looked at me. "Skylar?"

I nodded and smiled. "It's me." He was back.

I sat on the bed after they finished up on him. He played with my hair as I played with his. "Who's Joyce?" I asked. He seemed startled by this question.

"Who?"

"Joyce. When you lost your memory.. you kept calling me that name."

"Nobody."

"Tell me."

"No."

I groaned. "Tell me, dammit!" I shouted.

He sighed. "Joyce is my girlfriend." My heart sank.

"No.. ex in front of that?" I asked.

He shook his head. "No. See, the story is we met when we were five. Never had I ever had another girlfriend than her. We were together from five til now. Promised we'd never leave each other's side. But one day I started all this talk about singing and touring. She didn't like that idea. She wanted me to be close at all times. We were in love. Or what I thought was love. Turns out the day I left, she went out with this other guy named Ted. She'd been wanting to date him for years but couldn't bare to tell me. I haven't talked to her since even though she's not dating. Which means we're still together."

"But, she cheated."

"Skylar.." He sighed. "We were supposed to get married."
♠ ♠ ♠
DUH DUN DUN. DUHHH~

Hehee. Comments?

--Christaaa