Sequel: Grenade

Do You Know Your Enemy, Darling?

I Can't Live With Myself

----{Skylar's POV}----

"Bye, Tom. Joe. I'll miss you guys." I waved as I grabbed my bags. Jackson ran over and grabbed them from me.

"You can't leave!" He whined. "I have to explain!"

I slapped him hard across his still bruised and scratched up face. He cried in pain and dropped the bags he held in his good arm. "I am, Rathbone." I glared.

"Wait!" Zoey ran over to me and hugged me. "Don't go.." She muttered.

I sighed. "Zoey.. I can't stay here."

"I'm going with you."

Everybody looked at her. About that time Dillon and Joe stepped in. I looked at all of them. Even Jackson, the boy that never ran out of tears. I heard him cry at night. I was sure everybody did, they just chose not to say anything.

"No, you're with Tom." I patted her back.

"Zoey, if you leave. We're over." Tom crossed his arms and stomped his foot.

"Guys, don't leave.." Dillon was being held by Joe. That's all I ever wanted. Somebody to hold me while they told me how much they meant to me.

"I'm leaving. With or without you guys." I stated.

Jackson gently grabbed my free hand. "Skylar.. please. Stay and let me explain. Or at least let me explain and if it's not good enough for you, at least I tried."

I looked up at him.

"Give the boy a chance!" Joe smirked. "He needs to get lucky."

I faked a laugh. "No, no way am I sleeping with him."

"True. His broke foot and wrist may be a problem during that.." Tom stated. Zoey hit the back of his head.

I groaned. "Jackson. You have 30 seconds to explain before my ass is out of that door forever." I said. I stood there and counted in my head, not planning on listening to him.

"It's not my baby." He said. The while bus gasped.

I had to look up at him quickly. "Huh?"

"Our baby.. it's not ours. It's hers. She fooled me into thinking it was ours because she wanted me to pay. She knew I had bigger bucks than the real father. She cheated. She got pregnant. And now I'm paying for it." He said. I knew this pained him to say.

I wasn't sure what to say. Tom continued. "What's the matter, Sky? Like you can talk. How many times have you been pregnant?"

I jumped. Everybody looked at me. "How do you.. know?" I asked.

He held up my phone. "Texts. I love to read 'em."

I walked over and grabbed the phone from him. "It was one time and I lost her because some older guy had to beat me up." I growled.

"You were pregnant?" Jackson asked. "And beat?"

"I was beat by everybody but my grandmother." I stated. "And yeah. I was a wild little fucker. I fucked my problems away and drank my fucking obsession away."

Dillon was biting on her lip. Not sure if she should talk. Tom and Joe gave each other looks while Jackson looked away from me.

"Bye." I picked up my bags and walked out.

I reached my grandmothers blue mustang. Baby blue. I wasn't sure why. But I hugged her and kissed her cheek. "You sounded worried on the phone." She said.

I nodded. "I'll explain in the car. Let's go." I said.

Right before I put my stuff in the trunk, Zoey ran out with a bag. "I'm going. We can be together, Sky." She said.

"You love Tom."

"I love you, too."

I sighed. Tom, Dillon and Joe came out. "Don't go, please." Dillon pouted and jumped on me. I caught her and laughed.

"Come visit me?" I asked her. She nodded and gave me a huge sloppy kiss on my cheek. I laughed harder and hugged Tom. He didn't hug back.

"Zoey, if you go we're over." He said again.

"I know. If she goes, I go." Zoey shrugged.

"Wait a minute.. what am I doing?" Dillon asked. "I'm going as well!"

Zoey giggled. Jackson came outside and handed me a small box. "Open it when you get back home." He shoved his hands in his jeans pockets and walked back inside. Without a good-bye. I threw it in one of my bags and looked at all of them.

Zoey and Tom were hugging tightly. Dillon and Joe kissing right there. My grandma waited on me to get inside her baby blue mustang. Kyler waiting on me to say I'll stay.

I watched them. I couldn't tear apart these couples. I may have problems with Jackson. But I could live with that. I couldn't live with breaking these four apart. I sighed and grabbed my bags. I kissed my grandma goodbye and explained why. I then walked inside and put the bags up.
♠ ♠ ♠
comment?

--Christa