Sequel: Grenade

Do You Know Your Enemy, Darling?

Maybe It's Time To Let You Know

I walked back to the bus with Joe behind me. He had his hands out, as if he was going to catch me.

"Are you sure you're okay?" He asked, gently grabbing my arms that were spread out. They were helping me keep balance.

"Yeah, just a bit of a headache." I lied as he slowly pulled my arms down to my sides. He looked at me unsure, but nodded. I don't think he was really buying it, but at this point, I didn't care. Maybe cause I didn't have the energy.

As soon as we walked onto the bus, I could see Skylar storming down the bus to the opposite end as Jackson, who was desperately trying to get her attention.

"Skylar!" He called, following her. I watched them, my head starting to spin. "Please, I'm sorry!"

"You can't take it back!" She shouted. Joe put his arm behind me, steadying me. I couldn't take my eyes off the two though.

"I didn't mean it! It was just me being stupid!" He said, grabbing her arm. I looked at him and studied him. I could tell he was telling the truth, but didn't have the strength to say anything. The best I could do was let out a little gasp of pain.

"Dillon," Joe rubbed my back, looking down at me. I just shook my head, not able to take my eyes off Skylar or Jackson.

"You meant it! You meant every word!" She shouted, yanking herself from his grasp. "You're just like everybody else!" She glared.

I grabbed onto the counter as I saw Jackson freeze up.

"I'm not! Please just give me another chance!" He begged, following her out of my view. I quickly looked down at my shoes, not being able to look up anymore. It hurt to hold my head up any longer, and it hurt even more to look up.

"I've given you enough chances!" I could hear her shout, her voice shaking. I bit my lip, almost a little too hard, causing it to bleed. Oh, the blood. It tasted so good in my mouth to have something other than my saliva and water in it.

I bit down harder, letting more blood gush out and into my mouth. I was slowly driving myself insane. I needed this, and I wasn't going to allow myself to throw this up. I already had blood in my body, it wouldn't hurt.

I could hear Skylar sobbing now, but I still couldn't bring myself to move to her, my body was so weak. It felt like my knees would give out any minute.

"Dillon?" I could hear Joe ask again. I shut my eyes tightly and managed to nod.

"Mhm?" I asked, stumbling backwards.

"Are you sure you're alright?" He asked, looking horrified. I just nodded again.
♠ ♠ ♠
Sorry I didn't update yesterday, or earlier for that matter! o__O I figured I would, but didn't have an idea. (story of my life xD)

Anyways, I actually quite liked this chapter. It was super easy for me to relate too, which made it easier to write.

Comments? ^__^

-Ashley Dawn