Sequel: Grenade

Do You Know Your Enemy, Darling?

Not Good Enough

~*~ Zoey ~*~

I woke up to Tom's head snuggled in my side gently. He was sitting in a chair and was as close as the bed would allow. He was sleeping soundly. I smiled gently and stroked his hair gently. I could feel his whole body relax at my touch.

"My baby." I leaned over gently and kissed his head.

I leaned back as a nurse came in with another bed. I saw Dillon in it and I started to panic.

"Is she okay?" I asked, worriedly.

The nurse looked at me.

"You should be asleep." she stated.

"Fuck sleep. Is.She.Okay?" I growled.

She looked taken back but sighed.

"Yes. She just got a little whoozy and passed out. We're rooming her with you. Is that all right?"

"Of course. She's one of my best friends." I said.

The nurse put an IV in her. It was a feeding bag. She was kind of mumbling she needed nutrition.

"Since you are probably going to be awake from the medication, can you press the nurse button when the bag goes empty?" she asked.

"Sure." I smiled.

She walked out and I relaxed again. It was probably from giving me blood. I owe Dillon majorly. And Skylar.

*~* Joe *~*

I ran in the room. Zoey jumped and looked over.

"Hey Zoey. Glad you are better!" I ran over to Dillon's bed and did the same as Tom was doing to Zoey's.

"Joe, are you okay?"

"No! She's no responding.. I'm worried." I said, nearing tears.

Tom shifted some then relaxed and stayed asleep.

"Joe. She'll be okay. I promise. She probably just got up too fast after giving blood to me. She just needs some rest."

I felt reassured from the answer she gave me. I wanted her to be okay.
The door swung open again and in walked Skylar, about to break down crying, if she hasn't already.

"Z-Zoe..." she sniffled.

"Sky! What's wrong, honey?" Zoey asked as Skylar ran over and got in bed with her.

They started mumbling to where I couldn't hear, but Zoey had Skylar pulled into her other side and was rubbing her back, without waking Tom up.

I turned my attention back to Dillon. I strokes her hair gently. Please be okay.
♠ ♠ ♠
Wooo! Toast's turn. Comments and Subscribe if you'd like. Check out Ashley's new story! It's really good! :)

~Maegan