Sequel: Grenade

Do You Know Your Enemy, Darling?

She Said

Zoey was still in the room, watching me as I repacked. "Please," She begged. I stopped, keeping my back to her.

"I've always fought with my mom, and I got to the point where I wasn't able to stand it." I muttered. "I became this girl that stayed out late, partied, came home drunk, and hated everyone around me. When I heard of this opportunity, I was so stoked." I said, licking my lips.

I could see Zoey sit down from the corner of my eye. I played with the shirt I was holding, scratching at the image on it. "I accepted it, thinking it would be different. I'd be able to have some real friends that didn't just like me cause of the stuff I owned. And I do have that now, but..." I bit my lip, throwing the shirt into my suitcase.

"But?" She asked. I looked up a little.

"I realized that doesn't matter. Even if you guys aren't fighting now, you can't honestly tell me you're not all going to fight later on." I looked over at her, watching her eyes water. I pressed my lips together. "And the drama... Oh my god, I fucking hate drama." I said, falling back onto the bed. I stared at the ceiling.

"Everywhere you go is going to have drama." She said quietly. I nodded, my eyes starting to water now.

"I know, but I never expected this much drama. And when you got shot, don't get mad at him," I looked over at her. "but Tom expected me to donate blood. And I knew I had to if I wanted the fighting to stop, for even ten minutes. When they were discharging me, they told me that I basically risked my life cause I was ten pounds under the recommended weight."

"The lowest you can weigh is a hundred though." She said, her eyes quickly scanning my body. "You look at least... Well, over that." She said. I laughed a little.

"It's really easy to fool people when you want to." I said, pulling balled up shirts and other various things from my shirt, bra, and jeans. I laid flat again.

She looked like she wanted to say something, but was scared. She also looked like she wanted to touch my body, but was afraid I would break instantly.

"And now Joe's offering to buy another bus just so I'll stay." I said, sitting up. Zoey put her hand out, ready to stop me as if I would snap in half. My body was disgusting. You could see every bone, even through my clothes. "Or he said he'll marry me." I looked at my feet.

"He really does love you, Dillon." She said. I nodded.

"I know, and I love him but... I just don't know if I'm ready for the drama." I muttered, pushing my hair back.

"Please, I'll talk to everyone." Zoey begged. I looked at her, examining her eyes. She was being honest. I just shook my head a little.

"If this is who you guys are, that's fine. I'm not asking you to change, it's just that I can't deal with it. I've always been bad with it, it's just the way that I grew up." I shrugged.

"We'll buy you a puppy!" She begged again. I giggled. "Come on, I hear they're great stress relievers." She bribed.

"I'll sleep on it. If you guys are all fighting, then I'm going home." I said. She nodded slowly. "And one more thing."

"What's that?" She asked. I smiled.

"Don't try not to fight. I just want you guys to be yourselves. If it was meant to be, it's gonna happen." I said.
♠ ♠ ♠
BONUS POINTS IF YOU KNOW WHERE THAT LAST SENTENCE IS FROM. ;3

Comments please? ^__^ <3

-Ashley Dawn