Status: Wrote thise 3 years ago, posting regularly

Jaded Crimson

Image

I has smiled softly at my sister as I walked away, she waved me good-bye as I slowly disappeared from my house in the small yellow taxi, being in a strange place was always very annoying to me, especially when you knew no one where you were headed, or when you knew nothing of where you were heading. Reasons why you can never trust people, they betray you and leave you heartbroken. But for some reason, you still always love them through their mistakes and flaws; I guess it’s a part of what makes you human. At this point in my life, all I know is change, worry and stress. It's like the three main products that makes me, me. If you understand where I'm going with this, is I was betrayed in other words, but I think she meant well even though it hurt. My sister raised me from the young and tender age of six when my parents died tragically. I just turned seventeen three days ago, the same date my parents died eleven years ago and the same day that I found out my sister couldn't keep me anymore.

So here I am, in a car on my way to the peach state, Georgia. Located in the back hills of the United States, why on earth I was being sent to Georgia? I will never know, until I ask that is, I didn't like it though, because for one reason it's over three thousand miles away from Illinois where I did live, until twenty minutes ago. Apparently I was put in the system when I was six and my parents died, the child care system that could take me away from my sister, or let her have me. She contacted the department of child services as they called themselves a week ago, informing them she couldn't keep me, she never explain why when I asked her. She just said it was for the best and walked away, her eyes glossing from the tears she refused to ever shed in front of me.

But to get away from the depression of the matter, inflicted on my sister and my relationship problems about truth and honesty within our small family, the place I was being sent to in Georgia was a quiet place I heard from my social worker Mr. Alpines, he said he was from that little place called La Fayette. I decided against asking why I was going to Georgia, knowing if I found out I'd most likely either cry hysterically or punch something, preferably human and not hard or painful to punch. I know I'd have to ask soon since we would be arriving there within the next couple hours, I really did need to know considering all the possibilities floating around in my head, some not so pleasant.