Status: Wrote thise 3 years ago, posting regularly

Jaded Crimson

.15

"Calm down Crimson," he whispered as he slowed down. "I had to get away from where people could come and find us."

I'm in the woods, far away from civilization with a Centree, who is half vampire and half werewolf. I'm so damn smart it kills me, probably literally. "You're not going to kill me aren't you? Because earlier with the door in your face, that was completely accidental."

"I'm not going to kill you," he explained in exasperation, throwing his arms up. "I just want to show you, so I brought you out in the middle of no where so if you scream and run away, no one will call the cops."

"Good point, so which way is the house if I so happen to run screaming towards it?" I asked pointing to my left. "That way?"

"No behind you," he pointed as he stepped back, and then flicked his wrist at me. "Back up and brace yourself."

"Why, are you jumping at me?"

"Crimson, please give me a break," he sighed as he slouched from his attack looking stance. "I'm not going to kill you, I just want you backed away so you don't get hurt while I transform," My eyes widened and my mouth gapped open. "Okay bad choice of words, I meant—oh hell never mind just back up and pay attention."

"Okay," I said slowly as I backed up and braced myself as I was told, it took a minute for my eyes to readjust to the lighting of the moon instead of electrical lighting but when I finally did see Jaden slowly begin to evolve into a much taller, much hairier, much scarier looking thing. It was something a normal teenage girl would scream and run away crying and calling for her mommy about, I didn't run because once again, I'm not normal. "Holy fried meat balls," I whispered as my eyes bulged out of the sockets they were meant to stay in. "That has got to either be the freakiest thing I've ever seen or the coolest."

"You're not scared?" Jaden's voice came out almost animatronics sounding, way to deep to be considered his. It sounded like he pushed the deep tone on one of those voice enhancer things you get from Spencer's in the mall. "That wasn't what I was expecting."

"Will you hurt me if I come closer?" I questioned, but got a sour look from the red beady eyes. "I was just asking, its precautionary for cripes sake," I complained as I slowly walked up the sloped hill, in the knee high green and faded yellow grass to stand in front of this, eight foot something black hairy thing that has red eyes, sharp overlapping canine teeth and stands on two scrawny doggy looking legs. "Would you bite my head off if I said you look like an Chihuahua that I once had, but let's pretend I gave it miracle grow."

"I might," he huffed as he dropped suddenly to four legs, I squeaked in surprise and my arms flung to my stomach, I guess trying to catch it as it fell or something. "Scared now?"

"The only thing that's scaring me right now is that you're stalking me like I'm a chew toy and the fact that your voice is slightly Freddy Krueger-ish," I shrugged as he circled me slowly. "Could you stop staring at me like that, you're eyes are freaky."

"Do you want to run now?" he asked as his teeth slowed more, his lips raising in a smile, it was strange how his whole body was dark and covered in black hair but his face was clear except for the overgrown sideburns he was rocking, his face was pale against the hair color. "From the big bad wolf, vampire thing?"

"See, threats like that aren't scary if they don't make any sense," I pointed my finger casually at him. "Question, do you get cold?"

"I'm the same temperature as you, but when I'm transformed," he stopped. "I'm usually warm."

"Why did you stop?"

"I forgot that I have to change back," he said lowly, almost a whisper.

"So?" I said slowly as I raised my hand. "What's so bad about changing back? Do it."

"Ever occur to you that I can't magically grow my clothes back on?" he asked sheepishly, but also thoroughly amused at my embarrassed expression.

"Well, from what all I've heard I wouldn't be surprised if a unicorn didn't pop out from the woods and ask for some weed or something, beer," I pointed at him, nodding slowly. "Beer would be even better, or cigarettes."

"I don't know who's crazier," he paused. "You or me."

"I could take a big guess and say me," I grinned childishly. "Because this all seems way to cool to be real, I bet I'm dreaming and I'll wake up in science class in Freeport drooling on my arm, as always."

"Fortunately," he reached over with his long fingernails and pinched my arm with his hands, avoiding my skin with what seemed like razor sharpness of those nails. "You're not dreaming."

"Oh," I said slowly as I rubbed my skin where he pinched and grimaced, then smirked. "Wicked."
♠ ♠ ♠
Banner

Comment