Status: Wrote thise 3 years ago, posting regularly

Jaded Crimson

.16

"Do you not get that I'm not human?" Jaden said slowly. "And that I nearly killed you because of it?"

"You scratched me, big deal," I rolled my eyes as I crossed my arms. "Now are you going to turn back or what?"

"Turn around," he ordered me to do; I sighed and turned around and crossed my arms. "Don't peek."

"Aw and why not?" I teased. "Would I see something—?"

"Crimson," Jaden sighed, his voice lightly more 'Jaden like' than before. "Just listen."

"And why would I do that?" I once again teased, but didn't get a response. "Uh, Jaden?" I turned around slowly and he was gone from the spot he had stood. "That jerk left me out here alone?"

"No," my eyes widened as Jaden's lips touched my earlobe while he whispered in my ear. "But its fun to make you think I did."

"You're a jerk," I mumbled as I turned around and crossed my arms, glaring at him fully. "Why'd you do that? I'm under stress you know."

"Sorry," he smiled slowly as he backed up. "I'm also sorry about earlier, I shouldn't have—"

"Kissed me like that?" I suggested leaning down so I could see his face that he hid behind his hair. "Jaden, its fine. I promise I won't kill you in you're sleep for it."

"I would hope not," he chuckled finally looking up to meet my gaze. "You have very pretty eyes Crimson, their almost violet right now."

"Thank you," I smiled trying not to show my embarrassment, I always hated my eyes. They weren't normal and they scared people often because they changed colors. "But I don't like them, they scare people."

"Why?"

"Their almost red when I get in the sun, I look like an albino and they change colors with my moods, —" I stopped when Jaden took my chin in his hand, making me face him.

"Don't let that discourage you, you're eyes are one of a kind. Just like you, you're Crimson Thorn," he smiled. "You'll get it when my parents explain everything to you."

"What?" I furrowed my brows, my words slightly slurring because Jaden had squished my cheeks together.

"You'll see," he looked into my eyes for a few seconds then flickered his gaze lower for a second.

"Are you wanting to kiss me again?" it come out before I could stop it, I always have had that problem with speaking before thinking. More times than others.

"Why would you think that?" I could tell he was trying not to smile, even though his lips twitched at the corners.

"Because you keep looking at my lips," I stated the fact without shyness; I defiantly see an ice cream Sunday in my future for that bravery. "But, seeing as we've known each other for two days, wouldn't that be a little rushed for us?"

"Probably," he nodded his head honest with the question, "But you know, I never was one to take things slow, you do know my favorite ball is a fastball."

"Is that right?" I raised one teasing eyebrow as he walked closer to me, pulling me closer by raising my chin up. "I didn't know that."

"Yes well," he shrugged as he lowered his face, painfully slow to mine. "It is, plus I have no patiences."

I grinned and raised my hands, putting them on top of both the hands he moved to either sides of my face and leaned up on the tips of my toes to meet him halfway in a kiss, but good things never, ever happen to me apparently. Because he jerked away like I had set him on fire, and in a hurry he turned back into his Centree form. "Jaden?"

"Quiet," he hissed as he gently placed his claw like nails on my shoulder and pulled me behind him. "There's something out here watching us, I can hear them."

"Hear them?" I whispered as I listened as best as I could, but all I could hear was crickets and the grass blowing in the wind. "What are you talking about Jaden?"

"Be quiet," he whispered as he lowered to all four legs, stalking off in a gallop towards the darkness of the woods. "Stay there."
♠ ♠ ♠
Banner

Like? Comment.