Status: Wrote thise 3 years ago, posting regularly

Jaded Crimson

.19

"Crimson, is also known as blood. Carmine thought that since you were half blood of a Belavier that you should have something tied to the bloodline even if you're not considered one," Raymond started. "So, Crimson is the color associated with blood, so is Carmine."

"I thought it was for a red rose, now I find out I'm named after blood," I sneered. "Blood Thorn just doesn't have the ring to it as Rose Thorn."

Raymond chuckled and Maria grinned at my disgust, "But, back to the emergency at hand," Maria said softly, keeping Raymond on track. "If what is in the woods is a Belavier, they are after Crimson."

"Why are they after me?" I asked quietly. "Like is it because they want to put me in the bloodline or something cause, homey don't play that."

"Actually," Raymond licked his lips as he lifted up in his seat and leaned forward. "It would be to remove you from the bloodline; your father was disowned, if he had children by someone they didn't approve of. They would find them and remove the spoiled fruit from the vine."

"They," I swallowed hard. "Want to wipe me out? Kill me?"

"Yes," Maria said bluntly. "They think that any offspring from a ruined bloodline relative should be done with properly instead of letting it run ramped and making a mockery of the line itself."

"You're kidding me," I said slowly. "How do you know this?"

"Keep you're friends close, but you're enemies closer," Raymond quoted. "I loved you're father like a brother, but we were natural born enemies, so we learned about one another to save ourselves if needed. I never thought of your father as a bad person."

"Oh," I said slowly as I looked at Jaden. "Hear that? I'm on a hit list for a full blooded vampire and werewolf killing family, my family. I feel kind of sick."

"Jaden take her to the bathroom," Maria demanded politely as she stared at me with concerned eyes, I stood up and let Jaden steer me upstairs to the bathroom.

"You okay?" Jaden asked quietly as I laid my head against the wall, minutes after puking my guts out. Embarrassing and painful I must say, never try to throw up with someone behind you cheering you on, it just makes you want to crawl in a hole and die.

I wiped under my eyes at the salty wet tears that lay still from heaving half my stomach up, I smiled at Jaden and nodded slightly, "I don't take news like that well, I threw up when I found out I was leaving my sister too."

"You're sister wanted you to go because she almost killed you too," he whispered as he sat beside me. "My mother said that Michelle had cut her hand and you tried to help her, she almost killed you."

"Oh," I remembered that, two weeks ago at the house, she nearly had a heart attack and I had no clue why. "If she just would have told me—"

"Would you have believed her?"

"Probably not," I agreed to his silent unasked question and stood up with the help of the wall and walked over to the sink. "I'm going to brush my teeth and then I'm going to sleep."

"You'll have to sleep on the couch," he said as he walked up beside me, as I put toothpaste on the blue toothbrush I held.

"Why?" I asked as I started to brush my bottom teeth, nearly spraying the white foam everywhere on the mirror when I talked. "I have a perfectly good bed."

"With an open balcony that can easily be used to kill you, make you look like you jumped and killed yourself," he crossed his arms and leaned against the counter.

"I though—"

"You're half Belavier, if you were to be asleep, you're senses wouldn't work as fast," he explained as he hopped up on the counter. "If you want I'll talk mom and dad into letting you sleep in your room, if I sleep on the floor."

~*~*~*~

"Are you sure you're okay?" I asked nervously, again.

"If you ask me again if I'm okay, I'll jump off the balcony for you," Jaden grumbled, I turned on my stomach and looked down at me him my bed. I had lain at the bottom so I could be face to face with him if he was talking to me, which helped instead of making me annoyed. I had a tick that bothered me when someone didn't look at me when talking.

"I was just being polite, sheesh," I mumbled as I looked down at him with narrowed eyes, slowly a smile spread out on my face. "Are you sure you're okay?"
♠ ♠ ♠
Image

Comment