Status: Wrote thise 3 years ago, posting regularly

Jaded Crimson

.22

"If you haven't noticed Crimson, we're in class and I think I'd get detention if I whip out my cell right here," he explained as he laid his head on his arms, "As soon as we're out to lunch, which is in," he glanced down at his wristwatch. "Thirty minutes, we'll drive home and see."

"Sounds like a plan," I whispered as I mocked how he leaned against his desk to mine, trying to listen to Thornhill explain about the Greek culture.

After thirty minutes of unbearably boring teachings by the substitute teacher, who we all found out liked to make us suffer by pop quizzing us on things we just learned, Jaden and I walked out of class in a rush, before most of the students. "Come on," Jaden murmured as he latched his hand to mine and pulled me after him down the hallway, avoiding running into passersby on there way to lunch.

"Jaden, maybe she just got sick or something?" I questioned as he fast walked to the clean and shining black escalade in front of the school, as soon as we reached the passenger side door, he opened it and picked me up, sitting me in the seat.

"Seriously Crimson," he sighed as he reached up and buckled me then slammed the door and ran around to the driver's side, jumping in and completely avoiding putting on a seat belt himself. "She's a vampire, she heals faster than dad."

"Oh," I nodded and then shrugged my shoulders; I should have guessed it myself. But I guess since my brain is working less than perfect at the moment, I have an excuse. "Do you think something happened?"

"I don't know," he put his hand on the back of my seat and turned around to back out of the parking space in a hurry, his answer seemed a reluctant one, and it made guilt settle at the pit of my stomach. "I really don't know."

"Jaden everything will be okay," I tried to reason with him, he was slightly jumping the gun. She could have played hokey and decided she needed a day to herself. "Let's not get ourselves worked up."

"You don't know what the Belavier's can do Crimson, I personally haven't seen what they can do but I've heard way more stories than the ones you've been told," he shook his head as he sped off down the road going about eighty in a fifty-five speed limit zone. "When they want something, they get it."

"That makes me feel good," I slumped in my seat and sighed. "I'm sure Maria is fine though."

"I'm sorry," he apologized as he took a left down a side road; turning to cast a glance at me quickly Jaden grinned innocently. "I'm just worried.

"It's okay," I nodded my head as I grabbed his hand and gave it a reassuring squeeze. "Everything will be okay."

~*~*~*~*~

"She went where?" Jaden asked with wide eyes, standing in front of Raymond who looked rather annoyed in his white doctor's jacket that said 'Dr. Raymond Montes' and underneath it 'Pediatrician', we had arrived at the house twenty minutes ago and no one was home, then we decided to give Raymond a visit at his office, which I had never been to before and when we arrived I was impressed. It was basically an old log cabin that had been modified and renovated to become a doctor's office.

"Jaden, I have to get to work, you're mother is in Spain getting you're aunts and uncles to come and help us protect Crimson," Raymond sighed as he grabbed hold of a clipboard and lifted a couple papers, reading them off in a whisper to himself.

"She could have told me," Jaden complained as he walked past me, I waved at Raymond as I ran off with Jaden, Raymond grinned and shook his head before nodded his farewells at me.

"Jaden," I caught up to him and panted after running half way across the parking lot and gripped his elbow. "Slow up so I can talk."

"Sorry, I tend to forget how fast I am when I'm mad," he grumbled under his breath as he slowed his pace and walked with my slow pace so I could catch my breath.

"I need to exercise more," I complained as I rubbed my chest and looked up at Jaden, "Why is you're mom's family in Spain?"

"My mom is Spanish," he nodded his head as he reached down and grabbed my hand, linking his fingers with mine. "She met dad there, her brothers and sisters never left."

"They are all vampires?" I asked wide eyed as we reached the escalade, Jaden opened the door and let me get in this time.

"Yeah, they're parents were vampires and so on," he shrugged as he shut the door and walked around the door to the driver's side, where he jumped in and started the car.

"I honestly don't know how because once you're dead you're dead, right?" I questioned as I looked over at Jaden, my eyebrows raised at the new question.

"Does my mom look dead?" he smirked as he backed up using the rear view mirrors. "Vampires are made out to be dead but, their hearts still beat, their blood still runs. They just have long life spans and teeth that are really sharp."
♠ ♠ ♠
Banner

Comment