Status: Wrote thise 3 years ago, posting regularly

Jaded Crimson

.23

"I've never seen her fangs," I asked out loud, not meaning for it to come out.

"She doesn't have fangs," he laughed slightly. "I always thought she did too, but she doesn't actually turn into a vampire when she's mad or anything, back in the old days she would let her nails grow long and slice the main artery."

"But how did the fang myth come out?"

"Belavier's have fangs that come out, vampires don't because they would heal to fast and they'd shove right back in, Belavier's have this thing with their mind where they can slow their healing or fasten it to their liking, so when their fangs come out—"

"But they can't drink blood, don't they die when a single drop touches them?" I asked wide eyed.

"Human blood, they can drink Vampire blood, werewolf blood and animal blood. That is there means of survival," he explained. "And before you ask, werewolf's are humans too but they have abnormal blood cells so that its not deadly to Belavier's and vampire's blood that thrive off of animal's isn't deadly, but if one has drank from a human a couple hours before a Belavier drinks, its deadly."

"I'm half Belavier, why haven't I become blood thirsty for the horses or something?" I mumbled as I looked out the window, seeing a field of cows and a few horses, the blood running through their veins didn't sound appetizing, it sounded plain gag-worthy.

"Because you haven't tasted blood fresh from the wound, and even if you did, you're only half Belavier, which isn't much considering," he shrugged carelessly as he stopped at a red light. "Plus, in most Belavier natures, they are cruel and foul creatures, and you aren't one of those Crimson, you're so much more."

"Well, you sure know how to make a girl blush," I felt my cheeks sting from the rush of blood rising to them from the compliment. "Thank you Jaden."

"You're welcome," he smiled as he gave my hand another squeeze. "Want to go horseback riding when we get to the house?"

"Is it safe?" I whispered as I looked out the window at the woods.

"I'll protect you," he smiled over at me as he took another right, each time he drove us home he took a different way, it was beginning to confuse the hell out of me.

"From my crazy family or yourself," I teased, which resulted in Jaden pinching my pinky finger. "Ow meanness! That was uncalled for."

"It was perfectly called for," he smirked as he pulled in left to a driveway, which was ours and I didn't even notice we were on our street. I did a double take before I laughed. "What?"

"I didn't realize we were on our street," I mumbled as he turned the key back and pulled it out of the keyhole, clipping the blue clip on the keychain to his front belt loop as he jumped out of the front seat to the gravel.

"Come on Crimson," he shut the door hard and moved in front of the car, making his way to my door.

"Okay, just don't pinch me again," I joked as I unbuckled myself and jumped out of the cab, landing beside him, he grinned as I smiled cheekily at him. "Can I ride Abigail, she likes me."

"You can ride Abigail," he nodded as he reached over my shoulder and shut my door, then grabbed my hand and pulled me behind him as he trailed off towards the pasture. "Can you ride a horse?"

"Actually I never thought about that," I grumbled at my stupidity. "I lived in Illinois, it had horses but I never rode one. Well I did once but I was thrown off, it was a mean pony and the woman didn't tell me she liked to throw people off," I rolled my eyes. "Could be the reason I hate Mrs. Cads so much."

"Well yeah," Jaden laughed as he opened the metal gate and let me through before him, then shut it back before grabbing my hand again. "You can ride with me if you want too."

"No," I shook my head stubbornly. "I want to ride Abigail by myself."

"Okay, but the offer still stands if she doesn't behave for you," he insisted as he let go of my hand and opened up a large brown barn door that was half way in the woods. "Let me get them ready, why don't you go see Derry?"

"Derry?" I said slowly as I raised my left eyebrow at Jaden.

"My dog, she's in the back stall," Jaden pointed casually as he moved over to a large shelf full of horse grooming things like brushes, shampoo, feed and all that good stuff.

"You're dad mentioned you had a dog, but good lord you keep it in the barn?" I asked lowly as I made my way past all the other stalls full of hay.
♠ ♠ ♠
Image