Status: Wrote thise 3 years ago, posting regularly

Jaded Crimson

.24

"You'll see why when you see her," Jaden said loudly so I could hear him so far away. "And she doesn't bite."

"I bet she has one leg and a third eye, you mean people hide her from the world—" I stopped as I looked over the third stall door. "Or she could be nursing a litter of puppies."

"Could be," Jaden walked up laughing lightly. "Or it could be rats; they sure do look like it don't they?"

"What kind of dog is she?" I opened the stall door and walked across the floor careful of any stragglers loose from its mother.

"Well Derry is part German Sheppard and part Great Dane," Jaden followed me in and shut the door slightly. "The father of the puppies must have been a stray or a wolf because we don't have another dog."

"Their adorable," I smiled as I cautiously let the momma dog, Derry sniff my hand. After a few sniffs, she waggled her black tail side to side happy, accepting me to pet her babies. "And so big."

"Only three weeks old and their already bigger than my hand," Jaden laughed as he picked up the runt of the litter and held him close. "This one is my favorite, I named him spaz, and he reminds me of you."

"Oh thanks Jaden," I laughed at the comedic comment and set down the biggest puppy that I held and stood up. "Let's go riding before I decide to stay here all day and night."

"Alright," he sat down Spaz and took my hand again, I didn't mind it though. It felt really nice when he randomly just took my hand in his and pulled me with him places, which was what he was doing now. "Alright, here we go."

"You did it already?" I asked as he pulled Abigail over to him by the reigns, patting her side and cooing how good she was doing in her ear.

"I can run really fast," he reminded me with a chuckle, I nodded feeling stupid again and laughed.

"Yeah, still takes me by surprise, just look over me when I ask stupid questions," I threw my arm up and walked up to Abigail, patting her hip I placed my hand on the saddle and my foot in a stirrup. "Little help please?"

"Of course," Jaden nodded as he used his other hand that wasn't holding Abigail in place to push me up as I straddled the saddle.

"I did it!" I stated happily. "Go me."

"You did," Jaden grinned as he patted my thigh, and then handed me the reigns to control Abigail; suddenly I wasn't feeling as confident as before. "Pull back if you want her to stop or slow down, nudge her with the heel of your foot gently if you want her to walk faster."

"I got it," I said after a few seconds of letting it sit in, I had a slow memory processor and it took time. I stated it before and I will again, slow digester. "What horse are you riding?"

"Mine," he put two fingers between his lips and whistled loudly, a huge black stallion galloped down a hill soon after and right at Jaden. "This is Kismet, my stallion."
♠ ♠ ♠
Banner