Status: Wrote thise 3 years ago, posting regularly

Jaded Crimson

.25

"He's beautiful," I smiled. "I don't know who I like better."

"Me or the horse? You better say me damn it," he teased as he jumped up and straddled Kismet without a saddle, bareback.

"I was meaning Kismet or Abigail but—" I grinned as I looked down at Abigail's chestnut tented mane and stroked the silkiness of the long hair. "I'll add you in."

"So who wins?" he asked as I nudged the back of my heel against Abigail's ribs, she slowly began to trot forward and then broke into a slow gallop.

"Kismet's winning as of now," I joked as he rode up beside me, he smirked and leaned over, staring down at me since Kismet was a lot larger than Abigail.

"What would I have to do to win you're admiration Miss Thorn?" he questioned lowly.

"Be you," I instructed as I reached up and ran my hand over the right side of his face slowly. "And by being yourself, since these last few days, I'd have to say you're doing pretty damn well."

"But am I in the lead?"

"So far," I whispered as he leaned down again, not inches away from our lips touching when Abigail lurched forward with a whine and broke into a run for the woods.

"Crimson!" I heard Jaden shout as I grabbed hold of the reigns and pulled back, but Abigail was beyond the point of listening to my commands, horses much like humans had the 'flight or fight' system, and Abigail apparently chose flight instead of fighting to run.

"Jaden!" I finally screamed after a few hard tugs to the reigns, I was going to run into a tree and kill myself and the horse because I didn't know how to steer a damn animal that had ropes on it. Whoever invented it should have made a manual. "She won't stop!"

"Have you noticed—" Jaden grunted, I turned to look behind me for a split second and seen him leaned over in a horse racing position with Kismet barreling towards us at breakneck speed, his long black mane swaying in the wind. If I wasn't afraid for the horses' and my life, I'd have to awe at the beauty. "That every time we nearly kiss, we get interrupted!"

"Not until you mentioned it," I shrieked as Abigail took a sharp left and almost threw me off. "What is with this horse? Is she trying to kill me?"

"Not her," I heard Jaden practically growl from close behind me, "Hold you're arm out Crimson."

"Why!"

"Just do it," he shouted. "Do you trust me?"

"Yes," I said without a second thought, I may have only known him a few short days, four actually I think. But I trusted him with my life, literally at this very minute.

"Then hold you're arm out," he instructed, I whimpered and held my arm out to the side, one minute I was falling sideways because Abigail took another sharp turn, and the next I'm sitting in Jaden's lap while he slowed Kismet down and turned him around to run back towards the house.

"Thank you," I whispered breathlessly.

"You're welcome," he answered staring straight ahead. "I enjoy saving you, if I can get to hold you in my arms like this."

"Oh now you go all sentimental, it takes a horse almost killing me?" I asked with wide eyes, and then mumbled while looking away. "Wonder what would happen if I wanted you to say I love you, I'd probably actually die."

"You want me to say I love you?" he teased slightly as he glanced down at me, the horse galloping made his voice break in and out through his words.

"I said I wondered what would happen if," I held my hand out. "If, I didn't say I wanted it now."

"But you plan on wanting it in the future?" he asked with a grin, I rolled my eyes and crossed my arms. "Oh come on Crimson, don't hide it now that it’s in the open, you want me."

"I do not!" I gasped as I slapped his arm. "You're so mean Jaden whatever you're middle name is, Montes!"

"Jaden Dean Alexander Montes," he explained with a grin, "I'm not mean, just hopeful."

It took me a minute before what he said sunk in, again. And by the time I had gotten it and figured out the meaning by picking each word apart, he had stopped Kismet and was trolling basically, in place. "Why'd we stop—hello Maria," I waved slightly. "And six other people who I've never met in my life."
♠ ♠ ♠
Image