Status: Wrote thise 3 years ago, posting regularly

Jaded Crimson

.08

"I know," I grinned as he stopped the car at a red light, I turned the music down and turned to stare at him. "I don't have my feelings hurt that easily dude, but I will try my hardest not to embarrass the crap out of you at school."

"That's all I ask," he nodded his head in agreement as he accelerated down the street as the green light blinked.

"So," I stared down at my finger nails and picked at the black fading paint on the tips, "Got a girlfriend at school? Any girl admirers of any sort?"

"Why?" he turned to cock an eyebrow at me in confusion, I shrugged innocently as he pulled into the parking lot of 'La Fayette High School'. "Crimson," he questioned as he pulled his huge vehicle into a parking space to the left of the school. "Tell me why you asked."

"I don't know," I shrugged as I grabbed the messenger bag that Jaden let me borrow for my school books and opened my door with a grin, I blinked my eyes once and let the 'evil' smile spread across my face. "Guess you'll find out won't you buddy-boy?"

~*~*~*~

"Well," the conversation at the lunch table full of senior, sophomore, junior and freshmen girls halted at my pause and took a deep breath. "His room is full of posters and dirty clothes; I saw a spongebob squarepants pillow in the corner."

The rounds of 'awes' at the table were incredibly loud, Jaden wasn't lying when he said he had a reputation and was cool at the school, apparently he was the coolest male student there. The girls swooned over him, even if he cast a glance over at them while the boys huffed and criticized him because secretly, they wanted to be him. Probably going home at night to squeeze a stress ball while repeating 'He'll be old, fat and bald in his forties' over and over. At the very moment I sat down with half the female population of the school at the one table seated for, oh I don't know, twenty? Jaden had took off trying to escape with his baseball buddies, that's one of the reasons he's so popular, he was the best damn pitcher La Fayette had seen in years (The Principle, Mr. Tents explained when I asked why he was being hounded by the girls), and then there was the fact he's gorgeous and nice, talented and caring. Plus his mom was really pretty and the history teacher. He had it made, and I was aiming to embarrass the poor boy, I may have to live with him and probably get payback at some time or another, but it would be completely worth the outcome. "Hello, Crimson Thorn right?" one of Jaden's friends asked as he walked over and made himself a spot beside Danica Aliste, a sophomore who had the biggest crush on Jaden.

"Yeah, you are?" I asked as I shifted my legs to the side to look over at him without smacking the girl in front of me in the back.

"Trent Finner," he smiled as he held one hand out to shake my hand, while he leaned against his arm that lain on top of the table where I sat. I reached out and shook his large hand; he was slightly pale with bright blue eyes. They were almost swimming pool in the sun blue. His hair was a shade darker than chocolate brown, shifted to the left in a messy fix it was pretty wild looking. "I play third base on Jaden's baseball team, he told me about you."

"Well it's nice to meet you Trent," I nodded my head politely as I pulled my hand back. "Did you come over here to spy on what I say to these young hopeful girls?" I smirked as he sighed guiltily. "Ah, you did."

"Not by choice," he chuckled as he leaned back, making himself comfortable. "Jaden said he'd pay me twenty bucks to come over and see what you're talking about, so shh I need that twenty."

"Mums the word Finner," I nodded my head and zipped my lips up, or at least pretended too. "Just run on back and tell him that I'm showing them all baby pictures I found in the entertainment room last night, see what he says then."

Truth be told, I had found them but didn't feel nosy enough to go through all of them until I got to know Jaden better, but it always was good to know a little something, something about you're friends or enemies, and having baby pictures of one of the 'hottest' guys in town to show the girls in school. It's pretty much better than seeing a penguin fall into a thin piece of ice and that is funny. "I will do that in about fifteen seconds."

"Where's he hiding by the way, I seen him walk out the doors in a rush after seeing me walk over to this group," I waved my hand around at the girls who were all gossiping about Jaden Montes spongebob pillow, and even some that were explaining how much they loved Patrick Star and Spongebob. "I wonder what made him run. Was it the humiliation factor or the thought of me in a conversation about his bathroom habits?"

That made the girls all shout questions of his bathroom habits; I chuckled drunkenly off the fumes of hilarity. Oh man he would be entitled to payback at its worse after I'm done; I shushed all the girls and laughed a little bit more. "I think it was a mixture, he's talking with the boys about how crazy you may or may not be. Saying you may or may not tell them false stories and may or may not drive him off the deep end from acting like a, what did he call it."

"Was it Crazy patient puppy?" I mused as he nodded his head feverishly; I nodded my head slowly and tapped my fingertips against the plastic table. "Well, I haven't gone too far, I've only told these girls what I know, so you can tell him I haven't dished any dangerously false dirt into the flames."

"He likes you," Trent nodded slowly. "He said you're not too bad, that he was figuring you would be a spoiled northerner but you're not."

"Glad he thinks that, I figured he would be a southern hick that had a bad sense of hygiene but apparently he bathes regularly," that sent the girls into another shrieking fit, loud enough for Trent and I both to cover our ears from the sound. "Oops."

"Maybe we should," he pitched his extended thumb over his shoulder and grimaced. "Run?"

"Sounds like a plan," I stated as I stood up and jumped off the top of the table where I was seated, waiting for him to stand up we both ran off towards the door, but he grabbed my arm and steered me to the left, outside to the school's outside lunch area. "Why are you forcing me outside Mr. Finner?"

"Err…" he said slowly as he pointed off to show a group of guys sitting on a rock wall, about five where visible and Jaden was in the middle talking nonstop. “Taking you to Jaden."

"Aw well aren't you a help—" I stopped when someone grabbed my arm; I turned around and smiled at Maria. "Maria! I haven't seen you this morning, what a sight for sore eyes," I sneered. "Seriously, these teachers around here are scary to look at," I waved my hand in front of my face. "With the balding and the teeth missing, but anyway what's up mother hen?"

"You're very energetic today Crimson," she smiled thoroughly amused at my slightly, okay overly happy exterior. I guess most children weren't this happy in school, I didn't mind it much now, but after a week I'd probably grow bored with it and be like I was in Freeport, bored out of my mind and turn into a loner.

"For some reason all morning I've been really hyper," I sighed and shrugged my shoulders. "I think maybe Ray put something in my orange juice," I narrowed my eyes and turned to look at the sky. "I'll get him back…"

"I'm sure it had nothing to do with fixing your orange juice," Maria laughed. "You were this hyper yesterday."

"I don't think the whole 'Not seeing my sister for a very long time' thing has kicked in, I feel like I'm spending the night at a friends house," I made a grunting noise and shrugged yet again. "It will kick in soon."
♠ ♠ ♠
Banner

Comment