Status: COMMENT PLEASE. I'M DYING HERE.

The Kind Of Reckless

A Boyfriend.

“Kendall? Who is that?” I hear my mom say and I snap open my eyes.
“Uh, that’s Torie, Catherine.”
I sit up and look at my mom, who stands in the door way to the living room with Mary. Her eyes are wide and she drops her keys. Kendall sits up as well, and I offer a smile.
“What. Have. You. Done?”
I swallow hard and stand up.
“Well, Kendall suggested a change…To do something crazy…And I chose this…” I run a hand through my hair.
There’s a silence. A minute or two passes and finally Mary speaks.
“Well, I like it. And I’m sure so will everyone else.”
I smile and my mom sighs.
“Alright. I guess it’s cute. But how will Sheyenne react?”
“I have no idea. But mom, guess what!” I say, jumping off of the couch.
“What?” She walks into the kitchen after picking up her keys and Kendall and I follow her in.
“Big Time Rush is coming with Justin and I on tour! And they want to do a song with me!”
“That’s great honey.” My mom says while pulling out things for dinner.
“What’s wrong? How come dad isn’t home?”
“He had to travel to New York for some things.”
“Oh.”
Kendall puts a hand on my shoulder and I rest my head on his chest.
“Do you need any help?” I ask.
“No.”
Kendall squeezes my shoulder and we walk out of the kitchen and back into the living room.
“I wonder what’s going on.”
We sit down on the couch.
“Well whatever it is, it’s probably nothing.”
“Maybe.”
“Stop worrying so much, Tore. You need to relax.”
“How?”
“Well, we should go do something.”
“Like what? We can’t really do anything around here without getting mobbed.”
I get up and start walking upstairs, into my room. Kendall follows. After falling backwards onto my bed, I cover my eyes with my arms and sigh.
“Victoria. The you I remember was always so lively. She was always willing to take a risk. Come on. I know she’s still there.”
Kendall crawls over me and I move my arms to see his face inches above mine.
“Torie.” He whispers.
“Ken…” I whisper back.
Our noses touch, and his breath spills onto my face. My eyes struggle to stay open as he leans closer, our lips now brushing.
“I have…a boyfriend…Kendall.”
“Who hasn’t spoken to you in a month.”
Our lips connect, and that familiar spark I once felt with Justin is there. My eyes close all the way, and I reach my hands up to Kendall’s face as his hands hold himself up. His hair brushes against my face and he smiles in the kiss.
“Now, that wasn’t so bad, was it?” He whispers against my lips.
My hands slide up into his soft, blonde hair, and once again pull his lips to mine.
♠ ♠ ♠
lujgchfbskjdbc,shbv.
Ughhhh.