‹ Prequel: Left In The Dark

Into The Light

Chapter 11.

I walked through the snow in chains, hoping my stitches wouldn't come undone. My eyes were shut tight and I was wrapped up tighter then a Christmas present. Every step was just another one of the thousands I've already taken. I was going to a boat that would bring me to Ireland. I had no clue why I was going there, or the point of it all, just that I had to get there without freezing to death. I didn't know if that was going to happen. I didn't know if I would survive this walk. I was starving, weak, and exhausted. My Father was in a car on his way with my boss. I was left to walk with the soldiers. I was waiting on them to fall.

"We're almost there ,Raven," Finny whispered to me, he was one of the unlucky souls holding my chains.

"Aw-Awesome," I said as I felt my jaw tremble, I had to appear human for this boat ride.

Suddenly everything just seemed to stop. I couldn't move, breathing was hard, I just stared as Willow stepped off the boat rubbing her elbows. I felt myself being pushed to keep going but just fell in the snow. She couldn't see me like this. She couldn't see what they turned me into. I was a rag doll with bird feet. I was reduced to a tinker toy.

"C'mon ,kid, get up," Finny said as he pulled me to my feet and guided my onto the boat.

I closed my eyes and lowered my head as we passed her. I missed her more then anything and I knew if she said anything to me I'd fall apart again. I wasn't ready to lose sight of her, I wasn't ready to be separated from her again. I took in image and burned it into my memory as I fell on the boats hard floor and they left me there. I remember whispering "Am I dieing" before I passed out.