‹ Prequel: Left In The Dark

Into The Light

Chapter 13.

Feeling someones hands on me made me jump and push them away. When my vision cleared I saw it was Willow ,but by then I had my back against a wall and was completely tensed up. She looked shocked and hurt by my actions ,but I help couldn't it. So much was done to me when we were apart.

"Am I dead?" I asked softly.

She looked up startled and shook her head before crawling to my side. She held me tight as I sat there stiff and still very broken. She touched my face and kissed me softly ,but I just rested my head on her shoulder.

"Do you still love me ,Aaron?" she whispered softly.

"Yes, I still love you," I answered distantly.

She closed her eyes and held me tighter then ever," I thought I lost you."

"I thought you abandon me," I told her stiffly.

"I could never abandon you ,Aaron Knight," she said to me.

I heard a bang on the door and tensed up. I stood slowly and my wings ripped through the thick layers of fabric that they were covered by. I breathed out slowly and moved Willow behind me. She held my hand tight as I waited for the door to bust open.

"You're in no condition to fight them ,Aaron. Let's go hide," she whispered pulling me to a space behind the crates of cargo.

I let her pull me there and wrapped us both in my black wings as we sat in the shadows. She held on to me as foot steps echoed through the cargo hold. We were stone still and scared to move. We barely breathed. She kept her head over my chest and I kept her body pressed against mine. She was warm and her sent was comforting. Everything about her seemed to make everything okay, even if it was only for the instant. When the foot steps stopped I moved a feather lightly only to see the soldiers all staring at me. I kissed Willow softly and opened my wings.

"Don't hurt her," I whispered standing us up.

I kept her in my grip as they forced us into the halls of the ship. They made her sit down and watch as they clamped heavy armor over my wings and forced me to transform as far as I could. I had armor over my talons and beak as well. It was heavy ,but in time I would have to learn how to fly with it. I looked at her, she was unharmed and afraid ,but this time it wasn't for herself.

She was afraid for me.