‹ Prequel: Left In The Dark

Into The Light

Chapter 20

“Clothes…Clothes…Clothes.” I mumbled to myself, picking away at the old clothes rack.

There was officially nothing here! All it had was little hole in the walls that were close to the forest.

Then something caught my eye. It was so different from our slave-like clothes. It seemed like something I would wear.

Before all this.

And I don’t know what Aaron’s style is, but it’s perfect for a classic teen. Plus, it will bring out his eyes.

I grabbed the two outfits and walked up to the front, grabbing two sneakers on the way there.

After purchasing, I walked into the changing room to change. Dropping the dull outfit I was wearing to the ground, I slipped on the skinny jeans and an average t-shirt.

Glancing on the ground, I examined the jersey like shirt I got for Aaron, along with the jeans.

If we ever had to go into town, they’d never think that we weren’t fully human.

Then again, Aaron isn’t even half.

Oh Aaron. I had to make this week worth living. Suddenly filled with excitement that I could finally let him live out a normal life, even for a short while, I ran out the door, with the clothes.

As I reached the forest, I stopped. The trees were whispering something. Some one new.

Well it’s us? No… some one else.

Suddenly not feeling safe, I ran to our spot. Noticing the new person was talking to Aaron, I cautiously walked in.

“Oh hello there, Willow.” The new person smiled at me.

“Um…Hi?” I asked, looking carefully at Aaron, who cracked up laughing.

“Willow, meet Finny.”