‹ Prequel: Left In The Dark

Into The Light

Chapter 21.

Willow looked at me like I was completely insane, I probably am. I haven't really laughed for a very long time ,but something about Finny just makes me crack up. It's that or being starved, taken apart, sewn together, forced to walk twenty something miles in sub temperatures, and trapped on a ship really does send a human/avian project into hysterics.

"Aaron, are you okay?" Willow asked, being very cautious of Finny.

"I'm possibly losing my mind ,but aside from that and being starved, I'm alright," I told her starting to feel very light headed.

"Can I get you anything?" she sounded worried again.

Suddenly my whole body started burning up and I fell to my knees in the freezing stream only wearing my pants. I didn't know what would cause such an extreme pain ,but the cause was the least of my worries. I couldn't bring myself to worry it hurt so bad. It felt like something was tearing through my body. I couldn't even grasp what it could be. I wasn't bleeding, I couldn't have eaten anything bad, I wasn't ill.

I was destabilizing


I tried to tell Willow what was happening ,but instead of telling her I cried out in agony. Finny brought me to the bank and started taking my wet clothes off. Willow's face got red when she was my nude body ,but Finny didn't seem to care.

"We need dry clothes! We can't bring him into town soaked to the bone!" he growled as Willow gave him the clothes.

Finny dressed me as I stayed limp in pain. Willow must've gone to get dressed because I didn't see her anymore. I couldn't really see anything, it all just ran together and my body felt to heavy to really move. I couldn't move.

"Where are we going?" Willow asked from somewhere out of sight as Finny easily picked me up.

"To a friends house," he said ,but their voices were starting to echo around which gave me a headache.

"Are you sure that's safe?" she asked ,but I had to quit listening everything was making me sick.