‹ Prequel: Left In The Dark

Into The Light

Chapter 24

As Finny slapped him, my stomach seemed to flip. My mouth went dry and my eyes burned.

I darted out of that room, onto the back porch. Clutching my knee’s to my chest, I looked up at the sky that was just beginning to show his stars.

I felt so weak. So helpless. He can’t die.

He just can’t.

A loneliness seemed to surround me, suffocating me slowly with its gloomy glow.

I heard the back door open and quietly close. I didn’t bother looking.

“You okay?” I heard Finny whisper. I had to stay quiet. I felt him place a gentle hand on my leg.

“Listen, God has a plan for all of us. That’s just his.” He whispered again.

“What God.” I stated. If there was a God, we wouldn’t be like this.

If there was a God, Aaron would be happy and normal.

If there was a God, my dad wouldn’t have existed and Aaron and I would be happy.

Forever.

I heard Finny sigh next to me. I don’t care if I was being stuborn.

“He’s going to be here for awhile.” He stated, attempting to make me feel better. Instead it made me feel worse. What is awhile anyway?

“He can’t die, though.” I whispered, my eyes burning.

“Willow,” He began.

“But he can’t die.” I half whined, as a small tear dripped down my face. I don’t care if I broke my no crying rule.

Fuck with rules.

Fuck with life.

“Willow.” He stated.

I ignored him, staring out to the horizon, letting the tears drip down my face.
“Willow, look at me.” He sighed, putting his hands on my shoulder, making him face me.

I looked at his worn face. He couldn’t be over 20, but he seemed worn.

“Willow,” He began in a whisper, whipping one of my tears.

“I know it’s going to be hard, but you need to make sure Aaron sees your strong and.” He continued. I searched his eyes for a answer. This had to be a joke.

This can’t be happening.

“He needs to see your strong, so he will be happy. He needs to know your safe, so he feels safe. You’re the key, Willow. He loves you.” He ended, with a weak smile.

I wrapped my arms around him and laid my head on his shoulder, letting cries come over me.

I had to be strong.

For Aaron.