‹ Prequel: Left In The Dark

Into The Light

Chapter 25.

I knew something was wrong with me. I knew it a long time ago. It should've been more clear. I should've seen this coming. I should've been prepared! Banging my fist on the table Alex bolted down the stairs. He caught my hand before I did it again.

"I remember you now! You're number 132!" he said as I looked at him.

"And your point is where?" I said looking at him.

"You're the one who got away first! I can't believe you're still alive," he said almost awed.

"It doesn't matter now. Where's the nearest lab base?" I asked him as he looked thoughtful and went quiet.

"Inside a castle three or four miles out," he said as I smiled.

"Good, nice distance, not too bad, and-" he cut me off.

"And crawling with soldiers," he said but I shrugged.

"That's never stopped me. Do you have any guns?" I asked and he got that wild look in his eyes.

"Just explosives," he said and I smiled.

"I can work with that. Here's what we're going to do," I said sitting down on the table as he smiled wildly.

I stopped when I saw Finny walk in with Willow and looked at Alex. We glanced at each other and then them. It had been a moment Hollywood couldn't have planned better. I passed him a sheet of paper and walked to Willow. I was unsure of what to do. I didn't feel like myself. I felt like I did when I flew up the tree avoiding my boss. I felt distant, dry, and sort of dizzy. I sat down quietly and held my head in my hands. We had to do this tonight.