‹ Prequel: Left In The Dark

Into The Light

Chapter 27.

Mouthing a simple "I'm sorry" I dove out the window of my room and opened my wings that tore through my shirt. I would never be a normal teenager. I wasn't meant to be. I was designed to be a killer and only that. My reason to live was to destroy anything that crossed me. I wasn't meant to love, I wasn't meant to live the life I'm living now. I am a tool, a tinker toy, the perfect soldier.

"Hey ,Finny," I shouted above the wind as I flew through the forest at my top speed.

"Yeah, Raven?" he said, he was on all fours running as fast as I flew which made me glad he was on my side.

"You still got the pipe bombs?" I asked.

"Yep," he answered and I nodded.

My face was being torn apart by the wind as I flew so I let my beak take the place of my entire nose and the bottom half of my face. The wind seemed to ease up with it out and I sighed knowing they all ,but planned out my needs and life. I closed my eyes for an instant then opened them, flying straight up. My winds opened as wide as they could. I'd grown allot since I last thought about my wing span. I couldn't place it now ,but what I could place I knew was true to this very day: I was king of the sky. I was Aaron Raven Knight. This was my destiny. I was to put an end to what was being done to us. I leveled my body out and saw our target.

The castle stood tall in the trees and I took in a deep breath. I curved my wings in lightly and felt my speed sky rocket. My talons took the place of my hands and I stayed in the form of a perfect line, except for my wings. I guess I was a slim Jim like Finny always said I was. My eyes stung from the wind hitting them so they became a ravens. The thought that crossed my mind then will probably always haunt me. I am the perfect soldier.

My anger seemed to burn like never ending crimson fire. They made me for destruction, devastation, death, and so many other horrid words. I am what they intended for me to be because it was all I was ever taught. It made me what I am and I am a monster. Why would anything love me?

"Aaron!" a familiar voice cried out.

I looked down and banked a hard left coming down hard and sliding on my feet as I landed. I opened my wings wide to make sure no fatal damage was done then looked to the source of the voice. It was Willow's. Closing my eyes I looked at her and let my shoulders drop lightly. I wished she hadn't come after me.

"Willow go back ,now," I told her knowing I sounded nothing like the person she was used to.

"No, Aaron. I'm coming with you," she told me.

"No. This is my fight ,Willow. This one is personal," I told her as I felt my eyes narrow.

"Aaron, we're a team. We need to stay together. I just got you back! You...You're dieing," she said softly.

"I'm not dying! I'm not passing away! I'm not dying!" I said, I knew I wasn't making complete since but something in me had snapped and told me it didn't matter.

"Calm down!" she said softly, she looked slightly scared.

"No! I'm not calming down! I'm setting the score straight tonight! I'm done hiding and running! If they want me so bad I'm going to show them what they're bargaining for. I'm showing them exactly what I am capable of," I growled and took to the air without looking back, I knew Finny was right behind me avoiding Willow's sight.