‹ Prequel: Left In The Dark

Into The Light

Chapter 31.

I watched the world from the inside of a glass tube. At times I wondered how much time had passed. I couldn't began to think of anything that required a large amount of thought because in the end it lead to a headache. Sometimes I wonder if that itself was their doing. I couldn't put it passed them to do something like that. Still, how would they manage that? It was a question I'd need to keep in mind.

"How are you this morning, Aaron?" a voice called outside the tube.

I slightly turned my head since major movements were restricted. Then the voice hit me like a ton of bricks. I looked at the smirk on the person's face and almost laughed. Finny tapped the glass and smiled at me. I shook my head slightly.

"Does that hurt your ears?" he asked as he tapped the glass.

Then something must have caught his eye because he quickly picked up a clip board and put on glasses to blur his cat eyes. Suddenly people walked in and I closed my eyes posing to be asleep. Normally, they'd leave me alone if I did that. This time I was wrong, again. They opened the tube leaving me to dangle from the wires that ran though my body as my wings provided more pressure. I looked up slightly at them ,then dropped my head. I was still breathing through a tube that somehow covered my whole beak. I tried to flex my claws but they were behind my back, chained together. I felt a sharp pain in my ear from them clipping something to it. I tried to move ,but I felt heavy and weak.

"Won't he destabilize soon?" Finny asked in a mimicked an unknown voice.

"No, he shouldn't now. He was near death ,but Stark stopped it," someone answered.

"I see, so where do we bring him?" Finny asked as I tried not to smirk.

"To a training center not far from here. He needs to be in better state for Iran," the someone answered again as hands began to support me and detach the tubes from my body.

I kept my head low and readjusted to breathing on my own. My legs quivered under my weight and I had trouble opening my wings. My eyes themselves were giving me trouble right now. I could barely believe they still intended to send me away. They were determined, I give them that.

"What do you want to do when you grow up?" my careers teacher had asked me on my first day of school.

"I guess, I'll be in the service. A sniper maybe," I had forced myself to say," Anything ,but a scientist. I hate needles."


"I hate needles," I repeated as I felt one of the guides look at me then laugh.

As if in pure reaction I jerked my talons free and slashed his side wide open, only to be grabbed by everyone around me and forced to the ground. They wouldn't let me move, but I flapped my wings wildly.

"I am not an animal!" I shouted struggling under them," I'm not an animal!"

What I am?
♠ ♠ ♠
Sorry it took so long I had major writer's block!