‹ Prequel: Left In The Dark

Into The Light

Chapter 32

“Why didn’t you stop him.” I breathed.

The cold snow was reaching my butt as I’ve been sitting there in silence. My throat was raw and my eyes burned.

“He wanted to and.” He began to explain, before quieting down to silence.

“And you thought it was just a grand idea.” I spat sarcastically, jumping to my feet. I could feel my face light up like a little red Christmas light. I turned away, rage filling my body, hate filling my heart.

My head swirled, because, quite frankly, I didn’t know what to feel.

The cold was messing with my mind.

Who am I kidding? It’s not the cold. It’s the fact the love of my life was just shot down from mid air, leaving me with this nut case!

I took a deep breath of the sharp air, as it burned my nose. Calm down I thought. Calm down, Willow. You know fighting isn’t getting you anywhere.

I counted to a silent ten and exhaled, turning around. Poor Alex’s face looked so lost, as if he was just as hurt.

But he doesn’t know Aaron like I do

“Listen,’ I sighed, putting my hand on his shoulder, as he flinched, held stiff, and calmed all within a few seconds, like a true owl would.

“Listen,” I repeated, closing my eyes, then opening them slowly, hoping to find myself back in that cozy bed. I knew better then to think that.

“We can work through this.” I whispered, not trusting talking any louder. Who knows who could of heard us. The real reason though, is I don’t exactly trust my voice.

“I-I’m sor-“ He began, when there was a small twig broken. A human wouldn’t be able to hear it, it was probably just a small twig a mile away.

We stayed so so quite for a second, that our breathing was filling our ears. Then we heard it.

A whispered command.

People were coming.

And fast.