‹ Prequel: Left In The Dark

Into The Light

Chapter 33.

I listened to my ragged breathing and gripped the bars on my windows tight. My eyes stared distantly out the window as if to call upon the skies to free me. The way I looked was dreadful. The way my hair was knotted and my arms were bruised up. The new found cut in my chest bothered me. I was concerned about it. What have they put inside me? I guess, time will tell. Still, the metal ear-ring like clip on my right ear bothered me even more ,because I knew what that was. It was my ID, my dog tag.

"If he can pull the stunt he did in the halls, let's ship him out," said a voice outside the doors as my grip tightened.

"No, we don't know how stable his mind is," another hissed as the bars began to crack.

"It'll never be stable," the first said just as the bars broke and a siren went off.

I threw the metal against the door, jamming the handle and sat on the bed, crossing my arms behind my head as they pummeled the door. I closed my eyes and saw nothing for the first time in forever. I decided I was going to screw with them to amuse myself as I planned my escape. I wasn't going to stay here. I wasn't going to Iran either. I was going to some unknown island to spend an eternity with Willow or ,you know, some other excluded place where I could avoid human stupidity.

"If you don't let us in we'll-"

"What haven't you done?" I asked as no one answered," Exactly. Leave me alone. Gas me in my sleep or something!"