‹ Prequel: Left In The Dark

Into The Light

Chapter 34

I took off running, as the trees whipped around me. Above me, a call echoed above me, as Alex flew through the air.

The snow crunched under me, as the sense of feeling watched didn’t disappear. I didn’t know who these people were, or how strong they could be.

I knew they belonged to the enemies, but that was it. Where they strong and healthy, or were the weakening, fighting like us.

Were they natural, or monsters like us?

I took off faster, feeling odd that I no longer felt pushed. Adrenaline pumped through me, as all weariness and sorrow disappearing into thin air.

Some where, in the faint distance, in running slowed but that wasn’t enough. The trees were whispering danger at every point, everywhere we turned, a new whisper seemed to form.

“Hurry up.”
“They’re coming to your right.”
“Quiet down.”
“Hurry south.”
“Don’t loose him.”
“Stay on this road.”


The trees put in there input, as my skin threatened to shoot out their weeds, just to feel some protection, but each of these “inputs” I followed.

I followed each until one caught my attention.

”They can see you.”

I glanced up to the large Willow tree in front of me, as I felt drawn to it.

”He’s already dead, Willow.”

It whispered to me.

I was determined to run past it, but my heart ached as I ran.

"If I die before you wake
Don't you cry, don't you ache
Nothing's ever yours to keep
Close your eyes, go to sleep”


”Come back, Willow.” It sang.

My feet hit the snow harder then ever as I pounded away as the song repeated, spreading through out the trees.

”Don’t look up, just run to me, Willow. I’ll keep you safe.

The words seemed to sing to me. It rang true. I turned around and darted to its flowing branches. I didn’t look up, as I heard a screech.

The wings above me stopped flapping causing only silence and my labored breathing follow me.

I rushed into the safety of the large willow branches, protecting me from the outside. They had him.

Hush, Willow. He’s gone now.

My eyes burned, as reality hit me.

I was alone. No one could help me get them back, if they were still alive. I had to save them, then they can choose where to go.

"Nothing's ever yours to keep
Close your eyes, go to sleep"”
♠ ♠ ♠
Comments = Faster Updates<3