‹ Prequel: Left In The Dark

Into The Light

Chapter 35.

When I woke it was to heavy chains and a rushing sound. I was being wheeled through the halls of wherever I was. My mind struggled to remember where I was ,but the effort was wasted and then something else tugged away from my memory. Everything was leaving me and I couldn't stop it. They faded quickly and nothing was making since.

"Who are you?" a man who's face was very familiar ,but one I couldn't place had asked me.

"I-I don't know," I whispered suddenly very scared.

"I'm your master. I'm here to help you remember exactly who you are, Aaron Stark," he said with a quirky smile.

His hands went to unchain me ,but his eyes seemed fearful. It set me off and I marked that in my mind. He seemed very skittish and that set me off as well. I decided then not to trust this man. He just wasn't right ,but then again, how would I know?

"I doubt that," I said, looking up at him.

"Oh really?" he said with a smile, the fear disappeared.

"Yeah."

"You've told me that before," he said as I was coaxed to sit up.

"Right," I said then looked down at my hands.

Jumping back, I almost bolted up the wall. I had talons! I had a beak! I had wing! I had talons on my legs?! My heart scattered and my whole mind went blank. What am I?