‹ Prequel: Left In The Dark

Into The Light

Chapter 36

I sat down, letting the water rush against my warm skin. The sun beat down onto my face.

I just stared onto the moss-covered rock. It’s been two days since I talked to anyone, two days since my friend and boyfriend had been shot out of the sky.

Sleep hadn’t been one of my top priorities while running across the wilderness, if that’s what you call it. I’d been to focus finding my way back to Aaron to even remember sleeping, that’s when I figured something out.

The sun. As long as sun is hitting me, I technically don’t need sleep. It’s as if I’m recharging a battery to run all night.

Sleep is more comfortable and quicker, off course, and I can’t help but do it out of habit, but if I don’t have to, I don’t.

I stared harder at that rock as I played the ways I could work all this out.

I shut my eyes for a second, taking a deep breath. Slowly, I released the air out of my nose and opened my eyes at the same time.

A pebble crunched down into the river, as I faced away from the mossy rock.

I only had three options this far down the road.

I could go home, forget it all. I would most likely die.

I could turn myself in, let them do what they wish with me.

Or I could be foolish, and try to fight for my love and friends. I could risk all our lives to do something so much bigger then me.

One wrong move could screw everything up, and this time I’d be alone to suffer it, but if I did everything right….I could be with him.

My stomach dropped as I could almost hear his voice. Almost. His musical voice wasn’t nearly as vivid as it should be, it wasn’t as clear.

I slammed my eyes shut, searching for a clearer image of him.

”Willow, I need to know if I can trust you.”

I searched deeper into my mind, ignoring all the horrific and bloodied images of him.

His darkened wings flapped behind him, as I clung to him. He was my protection now.

That’s what he was, beautiful and unbloodied.

I knew then, I chose my option.

Life risking time, here I come. Aaron, I will be soon.