‹ Prequel: Left In The Dark

Into The Light

Chapter 37.

Two days of watching videos of myself fighting battles I can't recall. I can't sleep, I don't want to eat, and most of all, I don't think I could ever be who I was. It hasn't taken much thought to come to this conclusion. I don't want to be the monster I've been watching on this screen. It's not like I'm an out of control teenage monster that long for blood shed and battle scars. No, I'm not like that at all. I might have been ,but I don't think I have to be that way now.

"Good morning ,Aaron," my master said as he walked in my room.

Looking up at him, I saw a new found pleasure on his face. It made my mind race and my hair stand on edge, almost like an instinct. Currently, I was unable to fully understand this and disregarded it. He smiled and signed me to rise ,but I didn't feel it would be in my best interest so I stayed where I was.

"Aaron, come with me," he told me in a slight reminding voice.

"Sir, I don't think I should," I said quietly.

"Now, Aaron," he said becoming stern.

"No," I said in a blunt tone.

Suddenly a small hand held whip lashed across my face. Pain tore through me for the first time I can recall and I cried out. The terrible feeling sent my to clasp my face with my claws. Focusing my eyes on him, an inhuman sound crawled from my throat and he smirked.

"Aaron, do not refuse me. You're my pet-project and I am your master and god," he said as I glared up into his soulless eyes.

"I don't believe in gods," I'd said in pure reaction, the words came without thought but I'd never felt more sure of anything in my life.

The whip struck me again ,but this time his hand quivered. He was afraid. I was now clutching my side where it'd crossed me. He scurried out of the room and slammed the door. Blood seethed through my hands and down my face. I wasn't sure ,but I didn't think this was good at all.

A sliding sound made me tense up as a box met my feet and a lab guy walked away. I opened it and saw a needle and thread. Instinctively I sewed up the wounds. The movements were so swift and smooth that it barely hurt. I don't know how I knew how to do that. I really didn't.