‹ Prequel: Left In The Dark

Into The Light

Chapter 39.

"Kid? Raven? Can you hear me?" asked a black haired man with feline ears and a long tail.

The tail was curved and had a sharp blade made of bone jolting from the bottom of it. I was sure it could kill me if it needed to. When I turned my head lightly, I felt dirt under my face. I was laying on my back in a dirty yard that was shaped in a circular design with fencing that touched the roof. It was abnormally large. Maybe three stories tall. I felt like I should be scared, no. It wasn't scared, it was pissed.

"Listen, we're in china. Willow is in the cargo hold. They don't know she's here. It's best they don't. And-" the cat boy paused, he looked at me, "Raven?"

"Who-Who are you?" I asked, he just stared.

"They did wipe your mind out," he said in an unbelieving voice.

"Wait, who did?" I asked him and he moved against the bars that separated us to where only I could hear him.

"Stark, the man who created you, he wiped your mind. He was going to send you away to fight in the war ,but now he's selling me and you. I think Alex is here too. He's our friend. Willow is you girlfriend," he said as I stared at him.

"Who am I?" I asked him, I felt he'd tell me the truth.

"You're Aaron, the Raven and greatest lab rat they had. I'm Finny. I'm a cat," he said as I nodded slowly.

"So that's why I'm a monster," I said in quiet understanding, then anger gripped me," They did this to me. They did this to you."

"Alex and Willow too. They changed everyone you see here," Finny whispered as I glanced around.

I saw so many different creatures. Some dogs, others cat, a few exotic people. They'd all been human ,but now they were genetic misfits. This was all their fault, the people who'd been taking supposed care of me. How could I have been so blind?

"I'm going to stop this. I have to," I said quietly.