‹ Prequel: Left In The Dark

Into The Light

Chapter 7.

Another month has passed. My new boss is getting more curious about my body. He wants to know how I got this way, he wants more like me. My creator failed when he tried to make more of me. More avian projects. They tend to fall apart or slowly die. The ones that don't do either kill themselves from the pain their wings cause them, sometimes the pain kills them. They weren't desperate to please like I was. They had no drive. They were abandon kids that were scared and confused. I knew who I was, I wasn't abandon. I wanted to make my father proud and let him transform me. I let myself become a monster. I wanted to make him proud. Now, I want to protect Willow. My father no longer matters.

"Raven, I have a question for you," my boss said as I stretched my wings," What makes you so strong?"

"I'm just motivated," I said yawning into my scarf.

"What motivates a pers-"

"I'm not a person!" I snapped as my eyes narrowed on him," I'm not a pathetic human that hides behind a gun! I'm not anything like you!"

He stared at me as I jumped into the sky flying above him then disappearing into the clouds and sitting in a tree. I breathed in deep. My eyes searched the night sky as I closed my eyes. I didn't belong here. I didn't need them. I should've just tore off my scarf and jumped in a ice cold ocean.

I held a gun to my head and looked down. The I thought of Willow.

“You’re really different from the rest of the guys here, Aaron.” she had whispered.

"No, Aaron, you’re so….well amazing. This is amazing!” she smiled, pointing to my wings.

"Please ,Aaron, just don't go," she pleaded as I turned and looked at her.

"I bet not," she said looking down," We're screwed up, you know that?"

“I like it better when you smile.” she announced.


I dropped the gun and let my head sink into my hands. I let out a slow breath and it hit me like a train. She won't find me. I closed my eyes and pulled my wings around me and my goggles over my eyes. I was alone again. But this time, I was going to survive.