‹ Prequel: Left In The Dark

Into The Light

Chapter 9.

I struggled and fought as they pushed me onto the metal table. I thrashed myself around ,but no matter what I tried they were too much. I finally gave in when I had a large bruise on my stomach and others scattered across my chest and back. They strapped me down tight. I growled and fought. Then out came the knives. He drug it lightly down my chest.

"What makes such a ruthless bird tick?" my boss hissed as I stared at him.

I couldn't believe it. He was going to kill me. I closed my eyes giving in. I felt him take me apart ,but the weirdest part was he made me stay alive. My whole body screamed in pain ,but I was still alive. I hurt more then I ever had. They picked at my insides, diced some of my muscles, and sewed me back together again. I was a literal mutant rag doll. Breathing was hard, moving was harder, and I was too weak to eat so I was fed through tubes. I closed my eyes tight and cried. It was worse then the book we were reading in English when I attended school. It was called Romeo and Juliet. They both died. Or that's what I heard in the halls.

"So this is what becomes of the ones who are like me when we leave the labs," I said hoarsely," We aren't helped. We are destroyed. Humans....are pathetic creatures."

I stared at the ceiling and let the tears cover my face. I was going to die in this lab. Not even in my own lab, no some other fools. I came this far just to be sabotaged. I was just a tinker toy to the world. Sighing I was racked by pain. I heard the door open and didn't move. I give up.

"So this is what it takes to break a rebel," a familiar voice said as I heard the roller chair move to my side," I always wanted to know what it took ,but I didn't think you'd look this bad broken ,son."

"Came to laugh ,master?" I said without moving.

"No, just take you back. Son, I'm sorry I sold you. I just wanted you to learn something. I didn't think it'd come down to this," he said ,but I wasn't phased.

"I learned nothing ,but a forgotten lesson. I am just a toy. I am not a child, I am not a bird, I am not a person, I am a tinker toy that didn't want to be tinkered with. Sadly, it has been pointed out that I never had a choice. All humans are the same. They live for themselves and to please themselves. Even if it means killing another or coming this close," I said without a tone in my voice," My father was no acceptation."

"Son," he started.

"He didn't even give me a name, my sister did ,but for seeing what I was she was killed. My whole life I just wanted my dad to be happy with me ,but I was a fool. He was a human as was I ,but I was more foolish then him," I said but he suddenly pulled me into a hug.

"I'm sorry I couldn't see your intentions ,Aaron," he said as I just sat limp in his arms.

It was too late for this. He just wanted a kid that'd obey him. I was no longer that kid. I was a hardened killer ,but now I was a broken warrior. I wish he'd just leave me to die.