The Tragic ending.

The tragic ending.

It was a warm summer day. The sun was setting and I was heading to a park. Under any other circumstances I probably would never go to the park at such an hour and would have had no reason to anyway, but the love of my life was there and she wanted to meet me there.

My heart jumped a little when I got her message saying to meet me at the park. It has been a few days since we last said anything to each other and going two days without talking to her was killing me. Getting to see her today would make up for that.

I thought about the few days before when we were happily together talking about how much we loved each other and I was the happiest person in the world. She was the greatest thing that ever happened to me. She loved my cheesy sense of humor and loved reading short stories I would send to her. I would probably never meet anyone else like her, she was perfect.

As I approached the park I noticed her sitting on a bench, her back turned to me. My heart started racing at the thought of seeing her radiant smile and her beautiful eyes, and hearing her lovely voice speak to me.

I sneaked up behind her and grabbed her shoulders, “Boo!” I said softly in her ear.

She jumped a little and looked at me. “Sit down.” She said.

“Whats wrong?” I asked noting how she did not smile at me when under normal circumstances she would have at least smiled and gave me a hug.

“Nothing.” She replied. “I need to talk with you.”

“Alright.” I told her. “You know you can talk to me about anything.” I looked at her wanting to understand what was wrong. She did not seem happy and I was concerned.

She sighed. “I don't know how to say this.”

“Just say it as clearly as you can and don't be afraid to tell me.” I told her reassuringly. “I'm here I'll wait until you are able to tell me whatever it is you need to tell me.”

“I'm sorry.” She said.

“What? Whats wrong?” I asked concerned

“I'm afraid I’m breaking up with you.”

I stared at her stunned. I felt like I just got hit by a truck. My heart sank as the news finally set in and the realized this was not a nightmare.

“Why?” I finally said after a moment of staring at her.

“I'm sorry.” She said again getting up.
♠ ♠ ♠
A small short story. Please leave comments tell me how it is.