Tell Me What To Do

Don't Sweat the Small Stuff

“So let me get this straight mon ami, she’s a Flyers fan?” Marc asks, leaning back in his chair and taking a sip of the beer in his hand. I nod, leaning my head against my hand.

“Yeah, and a big Flyers fan at that,” I groan.

“So no hope of converting her, huh?” Max asks, wiggling his eyebrows at me. I glare at him, knowing full well what he means by ‘converting’ her. Marc shoots him a look as well, and then leans forward so that he’s as close to me as the table between us will allow.

“She’s already getting over the whole rivalry thing if she’s kissing you,” Marc says quietly, and I stare at him with wide eyes for a second. A grin slowly forms, and I nod in agreement.

“You’re right…and she’s the one we gotta worry about, right? I mean, I could care less if she’s a Flyers fan, as long as she isn’t trying to poison my food or something,” I say, thinking out loud for a moment. Max and Marc both laugh and I stand up.

“Where are you going garçon amant?” Max asks, and I flip him off as I walk onto the balcony of my apartment. I look out at the awesome view I have of Pittsburgh, and to me, moving out of the huge, lonely house I did have makes all that much more sense. I pull out my cell and quickly scroll through my contacts. As soon as I see her name I start to smile, and I begin to question why I didn’t call her the second I left her apartment. She answers on the third ring, and I can hear faint music in the background.

She’s a rebel, she’s a saint, she’s the salt of the earth and she’s dangerous,

“Hello?” she asks, and I smile broadly.

“Hey…it’s me,” I say.

“Me who?” she asks.

“Me Sidney,” I say, and she chuckles.

“Hey there Crosby. So you finally got to calling me huh? What’s it been, three days?” she asks, and I can practically hear a smirk. I roll my eyes and lean against the railing of the balcony.

“Yeah. I had a lot to think about you know. You threw a lot at me in one night,” I laugh. A faint breeze ruffles my hair, and the sun is just starting to get low. It was a beautiful evening. I hear the clatter of cans and I raise my eyebrows.

“I guess I did, didn’t I?” she asks with a laugh.

“Yep…so are you painting right now?” I ask. I hear the shuffle of some more cans, and Jane sighs.

“No, I’m going through my paint storage. I’m running out of some colors I need to finish my newest painting, and I was trying to find some that I could mix instead of buying new paint. It’s really expensive,” she explains, and I hear the clatter of cans once again.

“Not having much luck, are you?” I ask.

“No, and I can’t really afford some more paint right now. I’ve got a starving artist’s show in two days, but until then I’ve got to sit tight on all the money I have. I’ve got bills to pay,” Jane says, and I can hear a slight irritation forming in her voice.

“It’s hard being an artist, isn’t it?” I ask.

“You’ve got that right…but I wouldn’t have it any other way. I love it,” she says, and I nod.

“I know the feeling,” I say, and I hear her chuckle faintly on the other end.

“So, did you call to talk to me about the hardships of being a painter, or did you call to ask me on a date?” she asks, and I raise my eyebrows. Man, she is forward as all hell. I clear my throat and look out at the view once again.

“Well, I was going to ask you on that date eventually, but if you’re going to be so pushy I’m not so sure I want to,” I smirk, and I hear her grumble darkly.

“I do have a bad habit of being overly forward,” she sighs, and I smile.

“Hey, it’s okay. How about you come to my place tomorrow night for some dinner?” I ask.

“Can we watch a movie too?” she asks. I smile.

“If that’s what you want to do,” I say. We chat for a few more minutes, and then I head back into my apartment. Max and Marc are staring at me expectantly, and I raise my eyebrows.

“Are you telling me you haven’t eavesdropped for once in your lives?” I ask, and they nod.

“Sid, we’re really not bad people. I swear,” Max smirks, and I roll my eyes.

“She’s coming over tomorrow,” I say, and they both let out a celebratory howl.

“Moving along pretty fast, eh Crosby? Having a girl come over tomorrow…I’m proud of you!” Max cheers, and I scowl at him once again.

“She may be coming over, but I’m not a player like you Max. We’re having dinner and watching a movie. That’s it,” I say firmly. As much as I love the guy, he’s kind of a man whore. I hope that he doesn’t try anything funny with Jane.

“Yeah, ‘watching’ a movie,” Marc chuckles, putting air quotes around the word ‘watching’.

“Come on, let’s go get something to eat before I kill you guys,” I grumble, ushering them out of my apartment.
♠ ♠ ♠
filler!