Status: very much alive

We Could Make It Right

Not The First Option

Bring on the reign of stupidity. There is no way I could like this girl. I mean, she's not my type; is she ? Don't get me wrong, she's an attractive girl. But am I really taking a liking towards that girl? This isn't gonna end well, I can feel it.

As the three girls walked into that all too familiar house, I couldn't help but think that my ex has befriended a foe ..if you can even call it that.

In my head, I saw that peach colored room where we've shared countless movie nights and tickle fights. Although it's over now, I regret nothing. Could anyone replace Rachael? I don't even want to think about it. Would she ever replace me? Of course she would, I was just another chapter in the book of Rachael's love-life.

"Gare!" John called out my name. I didn't exactly realize , I was standing only a metre from his mom's car and still on her front garden. "Coming asshole, just wait".

"Hey, you know you can always find another way to get to band practice.."

With that in mind, I stepped into the humming BMW to endure a somewhat angry John. "What the fuck took you so long? It’s not a long pathway" well it was for me.

"I dunno John..just drive"

"Talk about agro - what's gotten into you !?"

"Rachael.." I lied; partly anyway.

Then he started giving me the lecture that him & Vee tried to give me on the way here. Maybe I should've listened to John about not coming here. By this time, we've arrived back at his place for practice and for the first time in ages .. I actually can't wait.

I sat by myself for a while on that faded-jean colored couch that we had in there. All I was doing, was thinking. I seem to be doing a countless amount of thinking lately. Could this kill me? After a bit, the guys came back downstairs with a shit load of snacks and as per normal, John came back with some of his dad's cheap whiskey.

"C'mon Gare, get up" Kenny said pulling me off the couch.

"Whatever" I said naturally, picking up my bass.

Forwards and backwards my body moved as I jumped around to the beat of the playing instruments. Although it probably wasn't a good idea in a small space, it was worth it.

After finishing a few of the original tracks that John wrote a few months back for Stay Up Get Down , the atmosphere felt like we were at a real show. Even John felt that way.

"...And goodnight Cincinnati!" John drunkenly yelled through the cheap microphone in his right hand and whiskey in his left.

"I guess this is what happens when John drinks too much cheap shit" Jared laughed and I just nonchalantly joined in.

"Cincinnati ? Will we even get that far ?" I said under my breath.

"God Garrett, you're such a-a-a downer this afternoon!" John stuttered. "What gives ?"

I had to think of something quick. With every guy in the room looking at me, the pressure was on.

"Okay.. Guess which one's right: I might just wanna be friends Katie Reeves or .. Daisy is the worst song off of the EP"

“Well its’ definitely not the first option..” Pat said a little too quickly.

“Garrett, we’re way ahead of you. Daisy sucks shit” John finished off.

I looked away from the guys and rolled my eyes. I turned around again to face them a moment after and put down my bass. All I could think about was how saying Daisy sucked was my save. I don’t mind the song. God if Daisy was a real girl, I’d owe her one.

“You lying son of a bitch,” Kenny mused as everyone went back upstairs so they could leave and go home. I mean after all, it was already 8pm. We stayed back down to tune the instruments so next time we practice we wouldn’t have to worry about it. Well, that’s how I saw it, I dunno about Kenny.

“Excuse me?!,”

“You heard me..,”

“Yeah.. but .. how .. huh ?,”

“Gare, you can fool them. But not me bro.. Just admit it, you wanna be her friend. Or a friend with benefits..,”

“W-What?,”

“Look, you gotta admit she’s pretty cute,” Kenny said in a justified tone.

“She is kinda cute…” I chuckled, feeling myself go through a little bit of embarrassment. “But
that’s not the point – what are we talking about?”

“You kid...” Kenny said placing an arm over my shoulder. “Have just admitted something you’d never be caught dead thinking about a different girl”

Fuck.
♠ ♠ ♠
Just a filler chapter! Sorry it's suckish - just haven't been feeling motivated to write fanfics lately..change my mind with comments ?