Status: very much alive

We Could Make It Right

Count 'em One Two Three

“Hello sober people who stayed to watch us play, we are in fact the surprise guests tonight” John cheerfully yelled into the microphone.

Earlier, I vaguely remember when the party was starting, before the guys came out to start their set, I saw Josh and a familiar boy from homeroom setting up a stage for them to perform. It honestly surprised me how they did it, but I’m not gonna dwell on it.

“I’m John O’Callaghan for those who don't know me and these handsome men with me right now, are my bro’s Kennedy, Jared, Garrett & Patrick” saying so earned cheering from the crowd of about 70 people.

“And together we are The Maine” John finished that sentence acting all nervous. Something that I’ve never seen John to be.

‘Go On’ I mouthed over to them. Just after I did so, I tried to take a quick glance at the crowd to see if I could find Vee or Rachael. No luck, whatsoever. And after what Kennedy told me about Garrett, I had a sinking feeling I just couldn’t explain.

“T-This song is called Count ‘em One Two Three” Kennedy said into his mic since John wouldn't say a thing into his. It was almost like nerve-city up there.

From where I was standing, I saw the two guitarists having the time of their lives. Pat hitting the drums like there was no tomorrow & John was singing his heart out since his nerves left him. But Garrett, he was a different story. I then tried to move over through the jumpy crowd to where he was closest, realising that Rachael was in good view.

“Excuse me” I automatically said to everyone as I tried to walk past them. Every so often I’d get a ‘no cuts’ from the people around me, but I couldn’t care less. “Rachael!” I said, finally relieved that after all this time I finally found her.

“I-I-I think I should go” she told me as she started to heavily breathe. The amount of eye contact between strums was inevitable between the two. Garrett was staring at the two of us, she was staring at Garrett. She obviously wasn’t ready for this .. how was she to know?

Why do I even care?

Before I could say a thing, well more like shout , she was already reaching the door. I couldn’t do anything except stare at the boy. I felt like a lost puppy, I didn’t know what to do. The song was far from finished and Garrett had just stopped playing ; completely. I needed to do something.

I had to. “You can do it Garrett!” I yelled towards him, totally disregarding that we weren’t that good of friends. I let it go, at least for now.

He looked into the small crowd and after a while, he figured out that the voice that told him to do something was in fact, me. “C’mon Gare” I mouthed, shooting a smile his way.

I believe in you.

I didn’t worry about trying to find Rachael. I knew where she’d be. After playing a few more songs, Jared brought out an acoustic. By then, the crowd had tremendously decreased due to too much if an alchahol intake.

There was a small crowd left of about 15 people, and with that I finally found Vee. Although, they were now playing an acoustic set, Garrett looked more calm than he was after playing Count ‘em One Two Three ; almost like he found some peace. Vee walked over to me, and sat next to me on a little ledge that went around the pool.

“I saw you encouraging Gare earlier” she winked. In return I gave her a soft smile.

“It looked like he could’ve done with a bit of positivity,”

“Yeah.. did you see when he blanked out over Rach ?”she looked over to me. I somehow, didn’t really want to hear anything that had to do with this whole situation.. I just couldn’t. Okay, maybe I didn’t want to.

“Uh-huh” was all I said. I found myself focusing on the guy’s acoustic set now. Apparently, they hadn’t even started a thing because they wanted to ‘interact’ with a few of their newly acquainted fans.

“So uh.. this last song, it’s actually one of our most favourite songs of all time” he then took a bit of a deep breath in and out. “But first of all, give it up for Jared Monaco, my best friend, this awesome guitarist best friend of mine.. I love you man” the little crowd started to clap and I formed a smile on my face. Jared scrunched up his nose and then he started to strum.

There was something about this little group that made me so calm and collected. I felt more at ease than I was in England, which me admitting now is hard to believe.

“This song’s called Wonderwall by Oasis.. I hope you enjoy it”


Today is gonna be the day
That they're gonna throw it back to you
By now you should've somehow
Realized what you gotta do
I don't believe that anybody
Feels the way I do about you now

Backbeat the word was on the street
That the fire in your heart is out
I'm sure you've heard it all before
But you never really had a doubt
I don't believe that anybody feels
The way I do about you now

And all the roads we have to walk along are winding
And all the lights that lead us there are blinding
There are many things that I would
Like to say to you
I don't know how

Because maybe
You're gonna be the one that saves me
And after all
You're my wonderwall

Today was gonna be the day?
But they'll never throw it back to you
By now you should've somehow
Realized what you're not to do
I don't believe that anybody
Feels the way I do
About you now

And all the roads that lead to you were winding
And all the lights that light the way are blinding
There are many things that I would like to say to you
I don't know how

I said maybe
You're gonna be the one that saves me
And after all
You're my wonderwall

I said maybe
You're gonna be the one that saves me
And after all
You're my wonderwall

Said maybe
You're gonna be the one that saves me
You're gonna be the one that saves me
You're gonna be the one that saves me


The song ended, and so did the party. Being the friends that we are .we stayed back to help clean up the mess the crowd and the party-goers left.

“Hey Josh, I didn’t get to thank you for letting us perform last night" I overheard Kennedy's conversation with Josh evolve

“Don’t mention it! Besides, I wanted to see how your new band was going and y’know, PARTY!”

“Mean’s a lot bro”
he said pulling him into a man-hug.

“Gay!” I heard Cameron yell and I couldn't help but giggle like a little girl.

“Shut up you little faggot!” Josh yelled at him as he walked to get more garbage bags.

“God, older brothers.. you can’t live with them you can’t live without them” Cameron sighed.

“I know what you mean” I said agreeing on so many levels with the boy.

“Huh?,”

“Yeah, I have an older brother back in the UK,”

“Must be pretty protective over you, eh?” he laughed.

I giggled a little bit. “If you’re saying that I’ve never been in a relationship before then, yeah!” I said a little too enthusiastically.

In the corner of my eye, I saw Garrett. It looked like he really wanted to say something, but he was definitely holding back for a reason I couldn’t comprehend. I returned back to my conversation with Cameron, not realising that because I partly saw Garrett, I didn’t hear a word he said. In the end, all I did was smile and giggle and hoped that he didn’t think I was agreeing to anything that might of offended him. Good job, Katie..

“Katie..” Cameron said, snapping me back into life.

“Yeah?,”

“It was nice talking to you. Really” he smiled, then walked off to go and help his brother some more.

Likewise, Cameron.
♠ ♠ ♠
AH! Katie finally opened up :D
I saw that I got up to 4 subscribers today! You have no idea how much that meant to me :D So, in return, I decided to write you guys another chapter!
And don't forget to comment, I'd really like to know what you think and how you think the story should go :)
Take care lovelies! <3 <3