Status: On Hiatus. Sorry guys x

God's Image Reflected in Your Eyes

Tre

The quiet house was dark when Mikey returned. With caution he placed his soaking wet hoodie on the nearest chair, and scanned the scruffy room.

With no sign of movement, Mikey assumed that his brother was not yet home. He turned for the light switch and almost let out a scream as a shadow appeared in front of him.

Mikey flicked the lights on and glared at his older brother.

”Gerard you dick, that wasn’t funny!”

”What did I do Michael?” smirked Gerard

”You know exactly what you did, what the fuck were you playing at?”

”I was simply relaxing in my own home, I had no idea it would offend you.”

”Relaxing with all of the damn lights off?”

Gerard simply shrugged and moved towards the hallway.

”I’ve eaten so sort out food for yourself, don’t disturb me, or I’ll kick your ass” He called out as he climbed the stairs.

Mikey signed dejectedly, took his glasses off and rubbed his eyes tiredly.

It had been the same routine for almost 4 years now, but Mikey still found himself getting frustrated when his brother blew him off.

He picked up the phone and dialed an all too familiar number.

As it rang a few times Mikey shook his head in disgust, nobody should know the number of the local pizza place as well as he did.

After ordering his usual, Mikey turned on the T.V and sat down on the old and battered couch. It had been their mother’s choice and they just didn’t have the heart to replace it, even though the wood had snapped inside and the springs were tearing at the fabric.

About 10 minutes later Mikey gave up trying to find anything decent on the T.V and pressed the mute button, so that a dead silence ran through the house.

Deciding that he wanted a drink, Mikey made his way into the kitchen. He didn’t even bother looking to see if there were any form of alcohol left, if anywhere it would be in Gerard’s room not the kitchen.

The cool water ran down his throat and he let out a satisfied sigh. Mikey spun the glass a little so that the remaining liquid splashed against the side.

He became fascinated by the water, so that when a loud, violent knock echoed off the front door, Mikey couldn’t help but let out a yelp.

The glass smashed into hundreds of pieces and Mikey was stunned as they glittered on the floor, water bleeding from the sharp edges.

Another knock sounded, pulling him away from the mess he had created and towards the door.

Once the door was opened, a pizza box was thrust into his hands and Mikey had to take a step back in surprise.

It was still raining heavily and the delivery boy looked extremely pissed.

Mikey would usually have said something about shitty weather but the tough guy look that came with the pizza boy was too much to ignore.

As Mikey fished out the money from his back pocket, he found himself staring at the boy’s lip ring.

”Thanks” he grunted as he placed the money in his hoodie pocket.

Mikey nodded in reply and then closed the door quickly.

Sitting down on the couch to eat, the mess in the kitchen slipped his mind and he was only reminded of it when Gerard bounced down the stairs, bits of paint smudged into his face.

”I’m all out’a blood red – I’m gunna go grab some ‘kay?”

”Sure thing… although maybe if you put the paint on the canvas rather than your face, it may last longer.” Mikey smirked before digging into another slice of pizza.

”Ha, funny.” Gerard said as he rolled his eyes before making his way into the kitchen.

”Mikey what the fuck is this?”

”Ah… yeah. Sorry about that.” Mikey said quietly as before putting the pizza box down and moving into the doorway of the kitchen.

”You really need to learn to control it yuh know?” Gerard signed exasperated

”I know god dammit” Mikey snapped, he wasn’t in the mood for another lecture off Gerard.

”Well I’m not cleaning it up.”

”When the hell have you ever?”

”Oh piss of Michael, I’ve been busy!”

”And busy another word for wasted now?”

Gerard growled and pushed past Mikey. He picked up his leather jacket and stopped in the doorway of the hallway.

”It’s time you grew up Michael, your not a kid anymore.”

”Well it’s time you moved on, Mom’s dead and she’s never coming back!” Mikey screamed

Gerard winced as a few vases exploded near him, the windows only shook softly but the glass on the old grandfather clock shattered across the carpet.

”That better be cleaned up by the time I come home.” Was all that Gerard said before he walked out into the hallway and slammed the front door on his way out.

”Shit” Mikey whispered before he slid down onto the floor, holding his head in his hands.

’If only Mom could see us now’ he thought numbly
♠ ♠ ♠
Sorry for the delay - I wanted to make sure I knew exactly where I was taking this story. =)

The first few chapters are all quite slow because I want to introduce the characters properly ^_^

Feedback is loved and treasured so please comment <3

Oh and if anyone's interested I have some character profiles for this story here