Status: On Hiatus. Sorry guys x

God's Image Reflected in Your Eyes

Sette

"No Frankie, no."

"Gerard. I have no choice."

Gerard knew this was true, deep down in his mind, but since when had he listened to his brain rather than his heart?

"Come live with me?"

Frank felt salty liquid surge over his eyes in a torrent of despair and defeat.

"That's not fair Gerard."

"Please?"

"Gerard, I can't, I really can't."

"You sound like you want to live with him!" Gerard's eyes flickered with rage at the younger boys resistance.

"Gerard!" Frank wailed, and Gerard knew he was in the wrong, it wasn't right to ask this of the tortured child.

"I'm sorry Frankie... I didn't mean it."

"I know." He sniffed, rubbing at his wet eyes.

"I'll... I'll walk you back. Yeah?"

"Yeah. Thank you, it means a lot to me that you understand."

Gerard nodded and smiled sadly, but in all honesty he really didn't understand. He'd been offered an escape, why did Frank still want to stay?

They walked in silence, each lost in their own dark, disturbing, thoughts. Their silhouettes black across the fiery sky.

Abruptly, Gerard broke out of his mind and made the decision to break the silence.

"Frank?" the boy turned to look at Gerard, indicating he should continue.

"Well, I was just thinking - that if you ever need anybody, just to talk to or whatever then... then I'm here. Okay?"

"Thank you" Frank whispered unsure. He was confused, why was Gerard being so nice? He'd seen him around in school a few times, or he's seen what he thought was Gerard. A loner, spiteful and angry - but this version... he liked a lot more, caring and understanding.

It really showed Gerard in a different light.

The walk wasn't long, but as they reached the end of Frank's Street the stench of smoke filled the air.

"Where's the fire?" Gerard joked, but as he looked at Frank's fear filled eyes, the humor wore off. Even more so when the boy broke off into a run down the road.

Without thinking, Gerard followed suit, stopping abruptly to avoid smashing into Frank's frozen figure as he turned a corner.
♠ ♠ ♠
-sorry it took a while, I've actually had this written up for a while but I've not gotten around to typing it up until now - the next chapter will be up tomorrow about 4:30pm UK time. [GMT]-

-I saw Kill Hannah again last night -gaaah how I adore them <3-