Status: On Hiatus. Sorry guys x

God's Image Reflected in Your Eyes

Nove

The inferno continued to burn Frank's house to the ground around the two boys as they stood united inside of it.

"Frank? Frankie?" Gerard spoke softly, not wanting to startle the boy. Big, scared eyes left the photograph and concentrated on Gerard, he could feel the pull of Frank's eyes - teary, innocent and numb.

"We need to get out of here."

"Right" Frank whispered, nodding his head, although Gerard suspected it was mostly to himself.

Frank grabbed a backpack that was lying in the pile of items that Frank had pulled out from under his bed. He carefully placed the photograph inside before carelessly shoving random articles of clothing and belongings in after it. He zipped up the bag and then looked back at Gerard's nervous form.

"Ready." Frank gulped, fear invading his senses.

Gerard nodded slowly and he held out his hand towards the shaking boy, Frank took it gratefully and together they walked towards the door.

With one final glance at his childhood room, the room that had witnessed it all, Frank walked out for the last time.

"Thank you." He whispered to Gerard.

"It's not over yet." Gerard replied, the smell of smoke making his eyes water.

The flames were sinister and fierce, clawing away at the walls and destroying everything that it had reached. Gerard and Frank stood in the doorway of Frank's room, watching in despair as the inferno blocked their only exit, trapping them in as it prowled across the hallway, through rooms and down the stairs. Gerard pulled Frank back as the fire rose up higher with a roar and a rush of heat.

The smoke swirled around the room aimlessly, choking the building of oxygen and suffocating the two boys slowly.

"What do we do?" Frank's voice shook. He knew one option, but it would mean that he would loose Gerard. He needed to know there was no other choice before he revealed himself as the freak of nature that he was.

"I...is...um..." Gerard stuttered, his mind coming up blank "The window in your room?"

"Locked. And it's way too far down, we'd die for sure." Frank said miserably. It was looking like there was only one option left.

Outside the fire brigade were shooting water into the house, unaware that there were two lives at risk inside, they concentrated on putting the fire out, thinking that the house was empty.

Back upstairs the fire had almost reached the boys; the inferno loomed over them, licking away at the floor that separated them from death.

"I'm sorry Frankie... I…I really don't know what we can do... I think we're... I think we're kinda fucked." Gerard spoke quietly, his eyes filling with tears as he thought of Mikey. He'd never see him again; he'd never be able to apologize.

He looked at Frank who looked strangely determined.

Maybe... maybe we could run. I could heal Frankie, let him have a life - he deserves it. I can't heal myself but maybe two lives don't have to be lost here today... Gerard thought to himself.

"Gerard... I think I know a way out." Frank smiled sadly, looking directly into Gerard's eyes.

"How?"

"It's... complicated. You probably won't want to know me after wards, so I just want to say... it's been fun."

"Frankie what the hell are you..." Gerard broke off as Frank moved forward, his arms spread out.

"FRANK NO!"

But it was too late; the small boy was about to be engulfed by the vicious flames. Gerard watched with dread as a flame shot forward and….

And stopped dead in front of Frank.

The fire began to retreat, shrinking back to the ground and down the stairs.

Gerard watched in amazement as Frank moved his arms slowly taming the fire, extinguishing it, flame by flame.

"F...Frank?" He moved closer to the boy and saw that Frank's eyes had turned a golden brown, and as he stared closer he could make out the small flames dancing in his eyes.

Finally, the fire reached the door downstairs and sunk into the black pit of melted carpet. Defeated.

Frank's eyes returned to normal, they met Gerard's for a brief moment before they fluttered closed and Frank collapsed, being caught by Gerard just before he hit the floor.

Gerard stared at the unconscious boy in his arms, his eyes wide.

"Well fuck me...” he whispered.
♠ ♠ ♠
Sorry for the wait - Between going to Slovenia, Christmas, Going to Germany, Mock Exams and a laptop fail means that I'm totally behind on my stories.

Hope you enjoyed, more on the way this week
Let me know if you're still intrested in reading this.

Love Beth
xoxo

P.S Twitter?
Follow meeee and I'll follow yoooou!