Status: Active

My Imagination's Much Worse

falling like stars into the ocean black, we're gonna disappear.

The rain hit hard against the windows in Pete's room. I waited for him to come out of his parent's house for what seemed like forever. I watched his figure run to the drive way in the rain and get quickly into the car.

"Damn, it's coming down hard," Pete said as he laid back down and leaned over to kiss me.

"Mhmm. It's perfect cuddle weather," I said, wrapping my left arm and leg around him.

"Do you wanna cuddle and listen to It?" He asked.

"Listen to what?" I asked confused.

"The CD. I got a copy of it and... I think today's the day I'll let you hear it," he said and got up to grab his laptop. He opened up his iTunes and found what he was looking for.

"You have to remember that I wrote a majority of this when we broke up. I was pissed off and heartbroken," Pete said. I nodded.

I listened to the whole CD without saying a word. I began tearing up during a lot of it and Pete just held me close, knowing not to say anything just yet. I wasn't just crying over what was said, but knowing that Pete, Andy, Joe, and Patrick put so much work into this and it came out so amazing.

"You okay?" He asked as the last song finished playing.

"Yeah," I said, wiping my eyes.

"What'd you think though?" He asked nervously.

"I love it, baby. I really do. The lyrics and everything are amazing," I said, feeling like a fangirl. "Some of the lyrics hit me hard but I know I brought that on."

We stayed quiet for a while. Pete held me tight and kissed me softly every so often. The rain continued to beat hard against the glass. The only things keeping me warm was his hoodie, breath, and arms around me.

"Can I ask you something?" I asked half awake.

"Of course," he said sleepily.

"Do I really say your name like it's something secret?"

"All the time."

-

Pete's POV

I woke up from our nap and saw it was 7:30. Lauren was still asleep, and I decided to let her sleep. I turned my computer back on and logged onto LiveJournal. I love writing about her when she's laying next to me.

It's still raining and you're still asleep with your hair all over the pillows. I kissed your tear stained face and told you how much I loved you. Your green eyes shined bright as I told you why I loved you and the feel of your lips against mine was enough to let me die happy. I'll never love anything else like I love you. I was serious when I said I want you to be my wife. We'll make them so jealous, we'll make them hate us. My life is about to get crazy but I know it'll never be crazier than how I am for you.

I hit submit and checked to see who was on AIM. No one interesting so I logged off and closed the screen. I set the laptop on the floor next to my bed and wrapped my arms around her again. She made weird noises in her sleep that made me smile to myself. I kissed her head and decided to wake her up.

"Boo Boo, wake up," I said, brushing the hair out of her face.

"No," she groaned and hid her face deeper into the pillows.

"Yes. I'm hungry and wanna go get something to eat." She lifted her head from the pillow and looked at me with squinty eyes, her messy bun falling out.

"Peter Lewis, you can go get food without waking me up," Lauren complained.

"But I wanted to eat with you," I pouted.

"Go make us Mac n Cheese," she said, laying her head back down.

I went downstairs without her and began boiling the water. My mom walked into the kitchen to see what I was doing.

"Hey, hun," she said and patted my back.

"Hey, mom," I said dully.

"How was your day?" She asked as she got a glass of water.

"It was okay. I picked Lauren up and we came here. I played my CD for her then we fell asleep," I said with a slight nod and poured the macaroni into the pot.

"Is there anything else bugging you?" My mom was tip toeing on the edge of my emotions.

"Yeah, mom. Everything's fine," I snapped, causing her to drop the subject and went back to the living room where my dad also was.

I always hate when she tries to ask about how I feel. She tries to be the therapist that she paid for in previous years but gets no where. I know she's just being my mom and trying to help me be happy but no one gets it.

I finished cooking our food and put it into one big bowl and grabbed two forks for us. I put two cans of Dr. Pepper under my arm and made my way back up to my room. Lauren was standing at the cracked window in just a hoodie and underwear.

"Aren't you cold?" I asked and closed the door with my foot.

"I love the smell of rain."

She joined me on the bed and took the other fork. We ate in silence; I didn't mind. I felt her watch me eat which I hated when people did. I looked up at her wide eyed.

"You're a creep," I said, forming a small smile.

"I know I am. All I want to do in life is get under your skin until you can't stand it anymore."

"Well, you're off to a good start," I told her and went back to eating.

"I don't have class tomorrow," she said.

"And?" I asked confused.

"Let's go get lost," she said with bright eyes.

"What?" I was still confused.

"Lets go get in your car and just drive."

"You really want to?" She nodded.

We changed into different clothes and went out to my car. I told my mom we'd be back later. The rain had stopped and the streets were just wet with fog. We started driving on the highway listening to Taking Back Sunday's Tell All Your Friends.

It had been long since we passed the 'Welcome to Wisconsin' sign and we found a woodsy area. I turned off the ignition and we started walking into the forest hand in hand. The spookiness of this made me feel like a homicidal romantic. A pair of headlights found us laying under the trees.

Lauren began dying of laughter once we were back on the road and the cops were done questioning us. They must have thought I brought her out in the woods to murder her. We found a small motel and decided to stay here for the night. I fucked Lauren like I never have before. Something about being in an odd motel room like this just made it seem acceptable for us to be even more drenched in sweat as her nails dug into my back.

This is what I needed. This is why I loved her. It's as if she knew that I needed to get physically lost just like my mind already was.
♠ ♠ ♠
oh yeah, I finally went to Pete's childhood home a few weeks ago with my best friend. it was something we wanted to do for the last like 6 years. we found it hilarious and then we walked to the beach and realized it was where they had filmed Bedussey. let's just say, my childhood was officially over after that day.