Status: Active

My Imagination's Much Worse

so many kids but I only see you.

After we came back from our short trip, our relationship seemed better. He let me in more and I became more patient with his mood swings. I think it partially got better because I focused less on our problems and focused more on finishing my junior year.

"So did you ever think more about helping out the band?" Pete asked. He was helping me study for my business law final.

"I did actually." I set down the flashcards and looked at him.

"And?" He looked hopeful and scooted closer to me on the couch.

"I don't think I'm returning in the fall for my senior year," I told him and looked down at my lap. "My parents don't know yet and I know it'll be bad when I tell them."

"Why do you say that?" Pete asked. He took hold of my hands, intertwining our fingers.

I looked up at him. "The rule was, they'd pay for all my stuff as long as I was in school. When I tell them, hey, I'm dropping out to tour the country and help my boyfriend's band, they'll be pissed." My stomach began knotting up at the thought of the future conversation.

"It'll be fine. Besides, you're basically getting a job without finishing college. Just think of it as an internship," he said and gave me a comforting smile. "If push comes to shove, you can always move in with me at my parent's house or we can even get our own place with like Joe or someone."

I smiled at his enthusiasm. I picked my flashcards back up and went back to looking over them. Studying for finals was the last thing on my mind.

-

Fall Out Boy left for tour just before finals. I wouldn't see Pete until middle of May at the hometown show, also the CD release show. I was to be joining the boys on tour after that to help them out. Before all that though, I knew I needed to tell my parents about my plans.

I went to their suburban home one night for dinner. One thing I loved about my childhood home, no matter how long I was away, it always stayed the same. I walked up to the door and slid my key in. I opened the door and could hear my dad watching the Cubs game and my mom cooking dinner. I smiled.

"I'm home!" I said just under a yell, closing and locking the door behind me.

My dad came out of the living room and hugged me. "Hey, kid! All finished with school?"

"Yup, took my last final this morning." I smiled and followed him into the kitchen to say hi to my mom. "Hey, mama."

"Hey, Lore." She finished stirring whatever was in the pot and hugged me.

My dad returned to his game and I helped my mom finish cooking. We sat down at the table and began eating. It was normal talk and I was nervous to tell them I wouldn't be going back in the fall.

"Can you believe you're almost done with college?" My dad asked and took another bite of his steak.

"About that," I said hesitantly, "I... I'm not going back to school after summer." I stared at my plate, afraid to see my parent's faces.

"Why not?" My mom asked. I looked up at her concerned face.

"You guys can't yell at me or tell me I'm stupid or something." They nodded. "Pete had asked me a while back if I would help out his band on the road. I told you guys how they got signed and they're about to release their CD in two weeks."

My dad nodded and looked at my mom before looking back at me. "So you basically want to drop out and go on the road to help his career?"

"I guess you could say that, but if you think about it, I'm basically doing one of my dream jobs," I said. I waited for their response.

"I mean, if that's what you really want to do, we'll support you 100 percent," my mom said. "We know how much Pete and music mean to you, and you wouldn't do this if you didn't believe in it."

I smiled big for the first time like this in what seems like forever. We finished eating and decided to watch Meet The Parents together. Since it was late, I decided to just stay the night. I texted Pete the good news from my shitty Nokia once I was alone; I really need to get one of those big Sidekicks like he has.

-

I was up by 10am and ready by 11:30. Today was the first day I got to see Pete in nearly 3 weeks. I double checked all my stuff to make sure I had enough clothes and toiletries to last me a month and a half yet be small enough to not take up space in the van.

I'll be at my parent's in like 40 mins
Okay, I'm gonna go ahead and haul myself over there so I should be there by the time you are.
:]]

I grabbed my backpack and small duffle bag and made my way out the door. I grabbed the train before hopping into a cab the rest of the way to the Wentz's home. I saw someone standing in the window of third floor; Pete. I paid the cabbie and grabbed my stuff. I practically ran to the door and let myself in. Marley and Pandora barked when I entered, jumping on me in excitement. I patted their heads and quickly went up the flights of stairs.

Pete was standing at the edge of the stairs with a big grin on his face. "Hey you," he said with a sly smile. He opened his arms for me.

I slammed into him and wrapped my arms tightly around his torso. "I missed you, I missed you, I missed you," I said between kisses. He laughed against my lips.

"Why does it feel like it's been 3 years since I've seen you when its been 3 weeks?" Pete asked, backing us into his room.

I kissed him again and closed the door. "Because for once we actually do miss each other." I pushed him onto the closest twin sized bed and straddled his hips. Our lips attached again quickly as he played with the hem of my Alkaline Trio shirt. I pulled away and pulled the shirt over my head.

His hands groped my chest while I played with his belt. We finally got undressed all the way and went for it. Luckily his parents were both at work and his siblings weren't home, so it was acceptable to have the headboard banging into the wall. My nails dug deep into his back, his breath hot against my ear.

"I love you," he whispered. He rolled off of me and walked into his bathroom. He came back into the room a few minutes later. "It's so nice to have a stop at home during tour so I can do laundry."

I wrapped my legs and arms around him when he sat down in front of me. I kissed his damp skin and rested my cheek against his back. "What time are the guys picking us up?"

"Around 2:30. So, in like an hour and a half."

"Mmmkay," I said. I detached myself from him and went to the bathroom to rinse the sex sweat off of me.

We laid around and finished Pete's laundry until it was time to go. We arrived at The Metro shortly after and the boys left to do soundcheck. I started going through merch with Chris, who had been handling the table the previous weeks of tour until I could step in. It felt like home again.

I watched Fall Out Boy play from the table once the show started. I smiled and sat on the table since all the fans were in the crowd. It amazed me that all these kids were actually singing along to their songs when I barely knew the lyrics.

They ended their set. "Go buy our new CD and some merch from my girlfriend so we can eat food tonight!" Pete yelled into the mic before walking off the stage. I gave him a smirk even though he couldn't see and got off of the table.

Before I knew it, kids started coming from left and right asking to buy Take This To Your Grave and different shirts. Luckily Chris was there to help me. The Boys came out about 30 minutes later, most of the kids returned to the crowd. Pete hopped over the table and hugged me.

"You did amazing," I said with a big smile.

He flashed a goofy one back. "Thank you, my love." He kissed me. "Did you like my little shout out?"

"Yeah, we loved getting mobbed by all your LiveJournal followers," Chris said before I could say anything.

Pete and I laughed. I wrapped my arms around him and looked at him with adoring eyes. Something made me feel so different around this boy lately and I was obsessed with it. It was a feeling I wanted a never ending prescription of. He looked at me like he wanted the same, but in a higher dose.
♠ ♠ ♠
feedback?