The Pay Back

Chapter 6

hat lunch was a year and a half ago. From there things started looking better for me. It started with phone calls and ended with a white dress. Yeah that’s right, we got married a month after my dear sister reunited us. I took her all over Europe for our honeymoon which was the best time I ever spent in my life. Hannah was even greater than I thought. 9 months later I was standing in the hospital for the birth of my daughter, Amanda. The moment she was born, she gave my life a real new meaning. Hannah couldn’t stop fussing over her all day long and I loved spending time with both of them. Bonni is engaged now to a big banker and they were so in love that you could see it in the way they looked at each other. When I say life is perfect I mean it.
My company is flourishing now and I was slowly making my way to the top of the list of the rich people. My daughter is 9 months old now and she loved crawling around and breaking things. She is a naughty baby but the cutest and sweetest thing you’ve ever seen. I was doing everything I can to make life easy for her. I and Hannah rarely fought, and we were happy as can be. Who would’ve thought that life can be that great? Not me certainly. I realized that I was always looking at life negatively when it can be great. I sure do love life now and nothing can ever change that.
I was in my office as usual checking my email when I saw an email from a person I haven’t heard from in a long time. It was from my old friend from school. The one who helped me get the filthy tapes online. Just his name brought back painful memories. I wish I could just go back and delete all those things I’ve done. Anyways the email went:
“Mark my man how have you been? Haven’t heard from you in a long while. I heard that you settled down which I don't really believe so do update me with your latest news. Just yesterday I was sitting with my friend remembering our fun days together and the footage he showed me just an hour ago reminded me of you since it contained all the things you liked. I’ll post it tonight to our site and will wait for your opinion when you see it. Email back soon.”
That email made me sick to my stomach. I deleted it and tried getting it out of my mind. I can’t believe I was once friends with those people. I got in a meeting and they were forgotten by the end of the day. I went to a bakery on my way home and got Hannah’s favorite, chocolate cake and hummed my way back home. I turned the key in the door but there was no sound which was weird. Hannah would’ve told me if they were going out and it wasn’t Amanda’s bed time. Suddenly I had a really bad feeling. I put the cake down and slowly went in calling for them. Then I saw Hannah and knew exactly what happened.
She was lying down in the middle of the room in a pool of her blood. I couldn’t move. I knew too well the position she was in. I slowly recovered from my shock and ran to her and started shaking her. Little by little she regained consciousness and before she told me I knew what happened. She’s been raped unconscious. I held her as she sobbed her heart out but then we remembered Amanda. She said she’s been sleeping when that bastard came. We both got up quickly but she nearly fell so I had to help her and with heavy steps we made our way to our baby’s room. With each step fear clutched more at our hearts. We reached her door and stood there paralyzed. I couldn’t believe what I was seeing. My mind kept arguing that it was just a nightmare. It couldn’t be true.
In her cot there lied our Amanda with a knife sticking out of her tiny chest. The cot was drained with her blood and she had a look of pain on her angelic face. I was paralyzed. I knew that in an indirect way I had killed my baby when I killed George my old company partner. I had been the cause of my wife getting raped by raping countless women like her. Before I realized what happened, Hannah had went to our baby and pulled out the knife and stuck it into her own sorrow filled heart. I was in shock. I didn’t cry. It wasn’t time for tears. Tears would come later. I walked out of my apartment barely noticing my surroundings. Everything was black around me. All I could see was my wife and baby with the knife sticking out of their hearts. Knowing that it’s my fault.
I don't know how I got here but I was sitting in an office telling the police my story. I told them everything in a way I never told anyone before. I was sent to jail with the last words of “life never forgives. And it repays you when you least expect it. It makes you feel the pain you caused others. And nothing you ever do goes unnoticed even if no one but you knows it.” Mark committed suicide two days later in his cell and his body was cremated.
♠ ♠ ♠
Thats all there is to this story. I hope you enjoyed reading it. It was written in a few lines in a newspaper and i just had to write about it. Whether it's true or not is for you to decide, I for myself can't imagine someone this bad