Let It Be

there will be an answer, let it be

"Don't look at me like that."

Deryk kept staring at Kayla, raising his eyebrow before saying, "Like what?"

"Don't look at me with pity. I don't need anyone's fucking pity. I need a fucking beer." She spat at him before she stood up, walking to their kitchen in search of a beer.

Deryk got up, following after her. "I'm not looking at you with pity, I'm looking at you with concern, babe." He said softly as he closed the fridge before she could reach the case of alcohol.

She huffed, crossing her arms over her chest, "And what the hell are you concerned for babe?"

"Maybe your un-average intake of alcohol? Do you wanna lose a liver?" He said trying to crack a joke, but Kayla kept her face blank; seeming to stare through him.

"Well, if your not gonna let me have a beer, I'll go over to Adriana's and get drunk as fuck. I think she'll like some company." Kayla threw a tight smile over her shoulder toward Deryk before she grabbed her jacket, and left; slamming the door behind her.

Deryk sighed, running a hand down his face as he walked back in the living room, preparing to wait for Kayla to come back.

* * *
Kayla walked slowly down the hall, stumbling every so often from being tipsy. She slumped against the door leading to her apartment, looking for her key in her pockets. When she found it, she quietly opened the door, looking around for Deryk to find him asleep on the sofa.

Kayla's throat choked up at the sight of the beautiful boy before she walked quietly and quickly back to their bedroom before she lost her grip. She grabbed random clothes, throwing them into her duffel bag before looking around for anything else she missed. As she grabbed for her purse, she saw a picture of her and Deryk when they were in seniors.

Kayla had still been her 5'5 height back then, and Deryk had towered over at his height of 6'1. Kayla had stood on her tippy-toes, as she tried to be a level height with Deryk, as a huge smile seemed to be plastered on her face. Deryk had his usual small smirk on his face, but instead of staring at the camera, he was staring down at the girl with such admiration in her eyes.

She stared at it for a moment, tears brimming her eyes before she grabbed the picture, wrapping it in one of Deryk's shirts and throwing it into her duffel bag. With one last glance around she went back out to the living room to find Deryk still asleep. She sighed in relief before putting her bag down by the door and walking back to the boy.

She scrawled a quick note on a napkin she found on the coffee table before turning to Deryk. "I know you'll hate me after i do this," she said murmured as she softly brushed his face with her finger. "But I want you to know i love you, and I don't deserve you. You should have been with someone who could compliment you, I'm just bringing you down baby."

With one last kiss to his lips; Kayla jumped up, grabbed her bag, and closed the door as quickly as she could before heading for the stairs. She knew if she sat in that elevator, she'd come right back up. She ran through the front doors, hopping into the awaiting cab and telling them man to go to the closest airport.

As the cab pulled off, Kayla looked back to find Deryk just opening the doors to the front entrance. The napkin she'd written on in one hand and a frantic look on his face. As he saw the cab he looked over, and their eyes connected.

Deryk took a step forward, intending to run after the cab but Kayla shook her head, no. This was the end of Kayla and Deryk. Kayla refused to fuck up his life anymore.

Deryk watched with tears springing to his eyes as he watched the cab continue its way down the street. He watched the cab go all the way down the block and turn the corner, expecting it to turn around. After awhile, when the cab hadn't come back, Deryk looked down, looking at the three words on the napkin.

Let it be.
♠ ♠ ♠
kay; hi lovelies ^^

i did this over, this used to be called 'I Can't Help You Fix Yourself.' but i didn't like how it was so i changed some things and wha-la ! this is what has been reborn; so please leave comments and such; it would be highly loved c:

merp thanks :}