Diablo:The Beginning of new Anguish

Chapter 1 The beginning of the end

The nightmares returned to me. They flooded my vision again the first time in twenty years. The screams the pain the anguish of it all.

I sat up quickly breathing heavily. Normally I was prepared for these dreams and able to quickly wake up out of them before they consumed me. I looked to the sky at the stars wondering how long there beauty will last, how long there shine will be able to give us hope that the end will not come.

I got up and grabbed my bow. I was out of practice, I had not shot an arrow at anything except for animals. It has been twenty years since I last hunted demons. I knew I had to quickly regain my shot and abilities if I was to help protect myself and others.

I got up and packed my belongings and sorted what I truly needed and what were luxury items. I decided I would keep my luxury items and head to the nearest town or village to sell for gold. I would need to stock up on arrows and work on improving my shot.

I put my belongings in a pouch around my waist and secured my bow on my back and tested my footing. After I was satisfied I took off running as fast as I could.

I focused on the path in front of me opening my ears to detect anything that would possibly follow me. I avoided low tree branches jumped over logs that were in my way with ease.

I sensed I was approaching an animal up ahead. I grabbed my bow not slowing down and quickly notched an arrow. I approached the area where I believed the animal was to my dismay there was nothing there.

I looked at the spot a little confused. I closed my eyes and began to focus, quickly with my eyes still closed I turned around and fired my arrow.

I opened my eyes to see the arrow strike the body of a deer, it quickly started running away.

“Damn.” I cursed myself for not preparing. The arrow should have hit him in the head. I sighed heavily and put my bow away and continued running again focusing on the forest around me running as fast as I can not making a sound avoiding fallen branches and keeping my feet light. If I happened to run by someone facing away from me they would probably not have noticed for they would not have heard my footsteps.

As I neared a small village I decided to slow my pace down a little. Light was coming over the horizon by the time I get there people should be about doing there early morning tasks. A perfect time to talk to some merchants.

I neared the entrance of the village. A guard stopped me.”State your business.” He eyed my bow cautiously.

“I am a traveler.” I told him humbly. “I merely seek a merchant to sell and trade. I swear I will be out of the village as the sun starts to ascend.”

The guard stepped aside letting me through

The village was rather poor but the people who seemed to be traveling about smiled and waved as I walked bye. I returned the gesture.

I neared a sign that was barley legible it read “Weapons of all kind inside.”

I smiled hoping that he had arrows in descent condition.

I walked in and to my amazement there were many weapons. Some weapons I had not seen since my journey to Lut Gholein the jewel city in the desert of Aranoch.

“Welcome stranger!” A man said stepping behind a counter. “You looking for any kind of weapon from any place I bet you'll find it here.”

I smiled at him stepping up to the counter. “Hello, these collections of weapons are absolutely amazing.”

“Why thank you lad!” He said in a cheerful voice. “What are you looking for?”

“I was wondering if you had a collection of fine arrows.”

He laughed, “You bet I do the finest in the land. The merchants in Westmarch would kill to have a collection like I do. I could get you a fine bow if you are interested.”

“No thanks.” I said to him. “This bow and me have been together for a long time. It has never failed me even in the toughest times.”

“Alright give me a minute and I'll return with my collection of arrows.” He disappeared behind a door in the back of his shop.

I looked around and marveled at the collection of swords, long swords, short swords, daggers, even battle axes. I picked up a sword and engraved in the hilt was a marvelous jewel. It glinted in the light.

“That's a fine sword.” The man said returning with a few quivers of arrows. “Probably the most expensive sword I have.”

“Why would you not keep it in the back?” I asked him confused why he would just leave it laying out.

“Well you see no one would dare steal from me.” The man said pulling out a giant sword from behind the counter. “I know how to use one of these and I'm quick when it comes to chasing things.”

I smiled and put the sword back and examined the arrows. “This all you have?” I asked.

“There's a few more of the same types in the back.” He said.

I picked up an arrow with a sharp silver tip and examined it. “I think I'll take every single arrow you own.”

The man looked at me. “You sure you can pay for all that?” He asked.

I pulled out my pouch and dumped the contents on the counter.
“Wow you definitely are not from around here.” He said staring at the rings, jewels, and amulets.

“I am a traveler like I said.” I told him. “All this was collections from twenty years ago.”

“I see.” He said studying me. “Most of these weapons were a collection I found around twenty years ago as well. That sword you were looking at earlier came from the jungles of Kurast and the Marshlands.

I looked at him surprised. “So you were a warrior?” I asked.

“No not quite but believe it or not I put down many demons back in the day.” He told me. “You look like your preparing for a demon invasion yourself.”

“As a matter of fact I am.” I told him

He looked at in disbelief. “What do you know?” He asked.

“Just what my instincts tell me.” I told him.

“You hear rumors about demons up in the north? They say that Mt. Arreat and Bastions keep were overrun.”

“Believe me when I tell you demons travel fast. If they have invaded the north expect demons to be destroying everything around here within a month. I would prepare now.”

“I see.” He said. “I believe I will take your advice. I'll travel to Westmarch and sell my wares or donate some to any other travelers I see.”

“You probably would do best to keep a few strayed away because there are few people like you and me left anymore. Most believe the invasion twenty years ago was just a myth. They are in denial and wont act until there houses are destroyed.”

He nodded. “Thank you. I will be preparing for the worst. Take the arrows.”

“Take the jewelry. Some people around here look like they could enjoy something shiny and precious as there remaining days slowly dwindle.”

I shook his hand grabbed the quivers and put them in a large sack I carried upon my back along with my bow.

I stepped outside from the shop and was suddenly overcome by the smell of fire. I closed my eyes and smelled the air.

I reopened them after a moment and started running as fast as I could out of the village. I felt sorry for abandoning them but I was currently not ready for this.

As I exited the village and headed into the forest I turned around and watched the village.

A pillar of fire erupted from what appeared to be the town square, loud screams were heard in the distance. A tear ran down my face as I knew those poor people were being torn limb from limb. I told myself that I would not allow this to happen again. I was determined to destroy any and every demon I came across.

As I continued watching I noticed a shadowy creature tackle the guards in front of the village killing them easily.

It turned its head toward me smelling the air, I stared into its deep yellow eyes as it stared into mine. I drew my bow and notched an arrow welcoming the demon to make a move.
♠ ♠ ♠
Based off the game Diablo. Tell me what you think :) (Also story gets better as you read more of it so dont base everything off the first two chapters. I know second chapter can be hard to read but I'm trying to improve and I believe 3rd chapter is better let me know what you think)