Diablo:The Beginning of new Anguish

Chapter 4 Fall from Grace.

The angels moved together away from the fountain and walked toward the entrance of the pathway.

The place seemed to start pulsating as if it was alive. I walked behind the angels and stared out into the distance, the armies of hell were approaching.

I pulled out my bow and readied myself for fierce combat.

“Remember the Worldstone was used to diminish your powers, but it is destroyed now, your power is limitless use your imagination and you could easily destroy any army hell sends at you.”

“So anything is possible? Just like when I healed my leg?”

“Just remember, control your power don't let it control you.”

I nodded trying to grasp this information and hope I could be useful, I'm sure they were somehow exaggerating my abilities.

As the demons saw us together they roared with delight, apparently seeing the angels and this piece of heaven excited the demons.

The army neared and stopped, a cloaked figure stepped out in front of the hellish army and with a voice that could be heard from miles around yelled. “So did you fools come to die or flee like all our other encounters!”

One of the angels stepped forward and in a calm subtle voice that seemed to radiate from all around them, “You will perish this night Azmodan.”

“Is that so?” He yelled back. “Well Iris I don't think you have room to make threats, remember last time we encountered? How you ran fleeing back to heaven? You had an army with you then now you think just the four of you and that pathetic rat hiding behind you can really take on an army?”

“You will perish tonight.” Iris said again.

“Does Auriel know what you have done? Will she be happy to hear the news that her lieutenant and most trusted aid has fallen?”

“You should not concern yourself with heavenly things.”

“Enough of this.” Azmodan said clearly annoyed by the small talk. “Attack and rip them limb from limb!”

The demon army surged forward toward the angels and there ground.

The angels suddenly burst from there robes, there wings coming forth like fiery tendrils, there sword glowing bright, and wearing breastplate's made of gold.

As the demons neared a bright light radiated from the fountain and destroyed the first wave of the demons.

The angels now battle ready charged into the fray slicing down there foes with ease.

I pulled out my arrow and decided to have faith in what the angels told me earlier and willed my shot to not only kill one demon but more.

To my amazement the arrow shot and went through a whole line of demons killing them all where they stood.

I decided to try something else I shot an arrow and willed it to catch fire in mid flight, It did and it struck a demon in the neck. It screamed in agony as it pulled the arrow out, to my dissatisfaction that it did not die I tried something else.

The arrow exploded in the demons hand, it looked down seemingly unable to comprehend what just happened.

I smiled wondering what else I was somehow capable of.

“You fools!” Azmodan yelled. “Must I do everything myself?”

I watched as Azmodan leaped into the air toward one of the angels, I looked for Iris who was in the middle of the demon army battling furiously cutting down demons where they stood. Nothing seemed to be getting near enough to harm the angel.

The demons even though there companions were being slain mercilessly they seemed to be excited by the angels presence and eagerly wanted to battle the angel. Perhaps the demons were not as strong as I presumed and just wanted to test there might against an angel.

I smiled to myself, knowing there attempts were futile. My thoughts turned toward the angel being attacked by Azmodan. I notched an arrow and willed this one to strike the demon in the head. I watched it fly toward the two who were furiously striking at each other.

Azmodan seemed to sense the arrow and deflected it with his arm.“You'll have to do better than that!” He yelled.

I smiled welcoming the challenge notching another arrow. Suddenly the ground below me exploded and threw me into the air. I landed hard against a tree. I was disoriented a little but shook it off.

As I reached for my bow something strange happened, the trees roots came alive and grabbed my arm and held me I struggled to crawl away from the roots but was to slow. I heard Azmodan's laugh in the distance. “Pathetic! You call this a fight?”

I stared in absolute horror as I watched Azmodan strike one of the angels to the ground.

“Any last words?” He laughed hysterically as he plunged one of his demonic claws into the angels body.

What I saw next was the most beautifulest thing and the most horrible thing I have ever witnessed in my life, the armored angel exploded in a flash of astounding colors and a sharp, keening noise. The angels seemed as much sound and light as substance.

I watched another angel who was battling a rather large horrific demon, his eyes were red and he carried a huge mace. He stood towering over the angel as it flew around nicking the enemy trying to find a way to kill it. The demon seemed to laugh at its attempts to try and slay him.

Azmodan caught the demons eye and nodded at it, the demon nodded in return. Azmodan unleashed a dark force of magic at the angel as its continued to struggle with the other demon.

It struck the angel and he fell to the ground. The giant demon taking advantage of the fallen angel brought its mace down smashing the angel with such force, that it to exploded into the brilliant colors of light and sound.

I looked toward Iris who was still slaying demons with ease and then to the other angel. I decided I was not going to sit here and watch them die anymore, I struggled to get free of tree's roots but they held strong.

Stopping for a moment and thinking I concentrated on the roots and willed them to let me go, to my dismay nothing happened. I tried something else something I hoped would work.

As the roots caught fire they seemed to retract and let me free, I smiled hoping I was not to late to try and make a difference.

To my dismay as I looked at the battlefield I knew that this fight was over and we failed. I examined everything carefully, the third angel was being beaten down and outnumbered and suddenly it also exploded into colorful lights and sound.

“Time to end this! Seize her!” Azmodan yelled.

The tall demon grabbed Iris and held the angel up, that was the first time I realized that Iris was in fact female. I did not notice before but her attire was more feminine and as she spoke I focused on her voice which was also feminine.

“You will pay for this!” She yelled.

The structure started pulsating and to my amazement the statues surrounding the structure started moving and coming to life.

“We will have none of this.” Azmodan said. He waved a hand shooting dark magic at the statues destroying them where they stood before they could become a real threat. “Destroy this cursed site.”

The demons roared with delight as they started swarming the structure destroying the outer walls made of marble, and shattering the crystal structures inside.

A tear streamed down my eye as I watched from the distance. How could these monsters destroy such a beautiful place.

“What are you waiting for!” Iris yelled. “Finish me.”

Azmodan laughed, “I don't think I'll do that. You'll make a nice trophy to hang up in hell for all to see. Perhaps Inarius would enjoy the company of a fellow angel”

Staring in disbelief at what I saw and what I was hearing, I snapped to my senses which told me I needed to take action. I would not stand around and allow this beautiful angel become tormented. I grabbed my bow and notched an arrow and willed this one to strike my target dead. I felt terrible for what I was about to do but I was positive that she would not want it any other way. I closed my eyes and focused, after a moment I fired the arrow.

I did not take time to see the aftermath of my shot I quickly started running, heading east. The beautiful majestic sound was all the confirmation I needed to know that I struck my target, followed by the angry yell of a demon who was just robbed its prize.
♠ ♠ ♠
Sorry this chapter took so long. Was out for most of the day so It took me a while to sit down adn finish this. Hope you enjoy :)