Diablo:The Beginning of new Anguish

Epilogue

I could feel nothing. It felt peaceful, I had no idea where I was or what was going on around me, but I did not care it was bliss.

My vision turned red as blood, I felt powerful as I saw the world in a new light.

I learned to unlock my mind, free it, think like an immortal. There was nothing I could not do.

So many mysteries revealed itself to me, I learned that the high heavens no matter how majestic they may seem, were nothing more than annoying fly’s.

I felt myself descending slowly. Things were coming to me at a blur. My head started aching a little but, I willed it to stop, and it did.

I willed myself to be able to see clearly, and what I saw was unlike anything I have ever seen before.

Millions of demons seemed to be scattered about, imps teleporting seemingly at random appearing and disappearing.

Suddenly I was staring at another location. Lava seemed to be strewn about everywhere, like a river. Soft dark ground seemed to touch my bare feet as I landed.

I looked about confused as to where I was, and why I was placed here.

“Hello there.” I heard the familiar voice of Emma say.

I turned to face her. “Hello Emma.” I said. Understanding now what she has been through, I no longer hated her. In fact I felt that she could make a good friend.

“How is your mind? How are your thoughts?” She asked.

“Good. I am no longer limited by mortal standards and beliefs.”

“Is that not a wonderful thing.” Emma said sighing. “Although I would not know much about having my mind limited but when I was traveling on Sanctuary, seeing the way other people were I felt sorry for those people.”

“Yes, I understand now what you mean. It feels like I have been introduced to a whole new world.”

A laughter was heard in the distance. Azmodan appeared. “My boy, you have been introduced to a whole new plane of existence. Now I believe its time for you to follow me, I have something in making that will please you” Azmodan turned and headed off.

I quickly followed, Emma by my side holding my arm. I wondered if she would have been disappointed if she was ordered to kill me.

We were beyond such things now, I am here I now finally understand the plans hell has in store for the world, and there perfect.

As we continued walking I heard a striking sound in the distance, like a hammer. The sound continued to get louder and I knew we were heading toward it.

“This is the Hellforge.” Azmodan said as we neared a great forge.

A huge demon was striking the hammer in the center working furiously on something.

As I looked around I noticed there were many weapons strewn about on shelves, that seemed to be rather a recent addition to this place.

Azmodan walked over to to a specific wall filled with many bows.

I grew excited as he picked out a red bow and walked toward me holding it out to me. “I had this especially made for you.” He told me.

“Why?” I couldn't help but ask. “How do you know I wont strike you down when you turn your back on me?”

Azmodan laughed. “Because you are damned. You can fight this fact all you want but face it. Feel it in your heart, feel the burning hatred for everything holy.”

As much as I hated to admit it, he was right. Each time I thought of the angels I burned with hatred toward them. The thought of striking Azmodan down seemed to fade from my mind. For some reason I was not angry at him as I should be. I felt rather grateful toward him.

Azmodan walked over to the giant demon picking up three arrows. “These were especially made for you.” He said handing them to me. “They are imbued with powerful magic, they are bound to you. After you shoot one you can make it return to you with a blink of an eye. They also never miss there target.”

I smiled thinking what fun I could have with such a weapon in the middle of a battle.

“I knew you would like it.” Emma said. “I believe me and you will have much fun wreaking havoc upon heaven.”

“Yes, all in due time though.” Azmodan said.

Emma leaned in toward me and whispered in my ear “We can take on all of heaven just by ourselves couldn't we?”

With a smile I nodded my head.

Suddenly a noise was heard. Like the sound of a horn.

Azmodan began laughing almost hysterically. “Oh I'm sorry Emma, I never told you about the sound of the horn. I did not figure it would be useful information.”

“So what does it mean?” I asked.

“Why simply it means that hell is being attacked. Lets go.” Azmodan raised his arms and suddenly we were among them.

Angels flying down attacking swiftly. So far from what I could see many demons have perished. I have no clue about the angels body count but as I observed the battle I decided that somehow they have not lost as many.

I notched an arrow shooting it at an angel, I smiled as the arrow shot through angel after angel flying around practically at its own with my mind guiding it.

An explosion of lights and sound ringed around me, no longer did it sound majestic and sweet, it felt like justice has finally been served.

I shot out my second arrow which seemed to do the same thing as the last, I was amazed at what I could do how much my mind was unlocked and how much power I seemed to have.

As I fired the third arrow I sensed the first one was slowly loosing power. I flicked my wrist making it appear in my hand and I fired it again willing more power to go into it.

After what seemed mere minutes the battle was over. The small army of angels sent were destroyed. As soon as me and Emma entered the battle, not a single demon perished.

I also felt something strange inside me. Like the powers of hell shifted in favor of victory over heaven, I figured I would be overjoyed as we were destroying our enemy but something deep down inside me told me that this power shift was wrong. I wondered why I felt this way, I looked at Emma and I could tell she was feeling the same way.

“Do you think the war is not meant to end?” I whispered to her.

“I don't know.” She said back. “But something is not right.”

I looked around, the demons were celebrating. I knew deep down that what happened here today would somehow lead into a great peril for us all.